BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a parking ticket today in my cagerooski. I never get parking tix. I don't think I've had a parking ticket in like 7 years or something. I have secured parking at home and at work and since I live downtown, I walk pretty much everywhere anyways.

But I digress.

I get the ticket just as I'm bolting out to plug my expired meter. The meter maid (okay, he was a dude) tells me that since he just finished issuing the ticket, he can't take it back, but he suggests I call the number on the ticket and ask for a reprieve - if I have a clean record for parking on my plate #).

So I call the number and sure enough, I'm allowed **one free ticket** to be pardoned on my plate, if I request for it to be pardoned. So the ticket instantly gets pardoned but I no longer have the right to ask for any more pardons on parking tickets for as long as I own the plate on my car.

So now you know!

And knowing is half the battle.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I believe this only works for city tickets. Correct me if I am wrong, but Impark is a private company and has no interest in pardoning tickets period.

??

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
I'll let you guys know if a single one of my parking tickets ever catches up to me.

Haven't paid one in 5 years.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I got a ticket through one of those private companies soon after I heard about this about a year ago and they reduced my ticket to about a third of the initial cost if i remember correctly.

I think it was Advance, or Advantage or something like that. I can't really remember the company.

·
Flieger sind Sieger!
2,050 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to try that with my one outstanding city ticket. BTW private parking companies such as Impark can issue tickets, but they cannot legally remove your vehicle.

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
If you have unpaid city parking tickets, they can eventually go to warrant and get you arrested. Remember the old chinese couple on the news a while back, they had 18 between them, and both went to jail.

Would suck to get booked with the shitheads for an $80 ticket.

·
myside.yourside.myside
2,095 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to try that with my one outstanding city ticket. BTW private parking companies such as Impark can issue tickets, but they cannot legally remove your vehicle.
nonsense, if you park in their lot you've agreed to whatever terms & conditions are on the board which Im sure includes towing.

on topic, I never used to pay for parking and never really had a problem with parking tickets (sounds like Jscott) , but now that Im older and (wiser?) I always feed the meter for a generous amount of time.

Cory

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Time to change your plate when your insurance is up for renewal? :devillook

G

·
impark issues their own tickets, and they also run the collections company they send your ticket to when you don't pay.

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
I owe impork money, They can't do anything if you don't pay. They have a recording phone my cell phone. Its annoying, but thats the extent of it. If i changed my phone #, no more, but that would be more of a pain then deleting the phone messages.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Impark goes to a collections agency which affects your credit if you don't pay, no?

·
User And Abuser
3,917 Posts
holy fizzak Adam! I am gonna have to see If I can get my one ticket pardoned. I was a city issued ticket in fromt of my office on Cordova. I will let ya know if it works

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
As far as my memory serves, if you owe money to Impark they will tow you as soon as they find you on their property. I can't remember if you have to be in violation again or if they will just tow you.

·
Not me!!
971 Posts
Impark goes to a collections agency which affects your credit if you don't pay, no?
I believe you are correct.

But, much of one's credit report is open for interpretation. Certain things like pending law suits (for big $$$) carries a lot of weight. $280 from Impark... I'm guessing not.

·
I'm Napping.
92 Posts
J_scott you are probably just lucky since generally if you have a certain number of City of Vancouver parking tickets, they can just tow you the next time your car is in violation. Same with Impark. If they plug in your license plate number and you have unpaid tickets, then they tow you. I have also had the city mail me summons etc for my parking tickets. Your summons are probably ending up at a previous address or something. I have had several tickets over the years parking around VGH. Part of the reason I like riding so much; I get free parking right in front of the main door.

I only ignore UBC parking tickets.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The "one free," is nice, and I'd take advantage of that.

Don't people pay their obligations anymore, or is it part of a "non compliance," revolt in a vain attempt to have the City remove parking meters altogether?:)

Geez, it's only a parking ticket....I swear some people put up with more crap and go to more effort to avoid paying the things they rightfully should, than merely paying the darn thing.:laughing

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
The "one free," is nice, and I'd take advantage of that.

Don't people pay their obligations anymore, or is it part of a "non compliance," revolt in a vain attempt to have the City remove parking meters altogether?:)

Geez, it's only a parking ticket....I swear some people put up with more crap and go to more effort to avoid paying the things they rightfully should, than merely paying the darn thing.:laughing
Hey Micheal, give me 110 bucks.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hey Micheal, give me 110 bucks.
Wasn't me. Can't prove it. You have no witnesses. Lemme see the paperwork again. I never got that. Must have been lost in the mail. I paid that already. You'll have to sue me. Didn't spell my name right. I don't own that car/bike/boat/bicycle/house.

Oh. All right. Which would you prefer? Certified cheque, cash or money order......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts