BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, to my horror, i found a nail in my tire yesterday. Just curious if anyone knows what my options are in fixing it. Do you think I could have this patched up, or will i need to buy a new tire? Anyone experienced this? :(
Sorry, the pic quality is the best i could get in the garage last night.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
ok ok if no one else is going to give the obligatory defualt advice, I will then. gosh...

"Take it to Bill at 5th Gear in Richmond"

lol

G

·
Take it to 5thgear...... no wait you'll take it too Suzuki and pay huge coin the guys who are not helping with your BBQ ? ?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Girls should know the difference between "nailed" and "screwed"....

What you got is "screwed"...a phillips to be exact.....

Take the wheel off if you can...then bring it to 5th....then have them take the screw out there....if your lucky....it's like every other "screw".....short...

If not ......air will come out of the hole....and then they can put a special plug in it for you....and if done correct....yes the tire will be just fine

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely repairable. Motorcycle shops will use a T-plug. Had couple tires repaired and no ill effects.
Hey guys, i'd love to bring it out to 5th gear. Just curious, would it be safe to ride the bike the distance from north van out to richmond. Just want to be safe, people are telling me not to ride the bike very far with the nail in the tire.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
You'll most likely be fine if the tire's still holding air. I've ridden for days on a nailed tire and didn't even know it.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Should be just fine. Happened to me a couple times this year. :D

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
ok ok if no one else is going to give the obligatory defualt advice, I will then. gosh...

"Take it to Bill at 5th Gear in Richmond"

lol
Just got nailed too...hahaha sorry couldn't resist...I took mine to 5th gear!! They rock!!!

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Options? 1. Leave it in there. 2. Take it out.

But seriously, go to your favorite shop and have it repaired. It's almost dead-center in the tire, so it's a perfect candidate for a mushroom-style patch. Unless you spend a lot of time on a racetrack, you'll never notice that it was ever fixed.

(oh, and it's a screw, not a nail...)

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
If it's holding air, which you said it is, just ride it to 5th gear and have it fixed. Don't pull it out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts