BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to consider my next bike and I want a naked standard. Owners' Opinions about the following bikes would be much appreciated:
Honda 919
Yamaha FZ1
Kawasaki Z1000

I like the look of all of them and have done some research but there is nothing like personal opinions, likes, dislikes etc. to help with a decision. I want the more upright riding position and prefer soft luggage so I think one of these 3 would be perfect for the 2 to 10 day road trips I do.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I know it's not in your list, but look at the Multistrada by Ducati. Only the 919 is a true naked bike, however they are all upright and fairly clean in regards to plastic.

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
Of your list, the FZ1 offers the most bang for the Bucks.
However, you can't argue with Honda quality.
Kawasaki is "buzzy".
Consider also the Suzuki VStrom. It's a great bike with a large and dedicated following.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Unless you're planning on a used bike then hold off for a while. The new FZ1 is here now but the new Z1000 is going to be based on the ZX10 engine with upgraded (to full on sportbike spec I hope) suspension. In addition we are pretty sure that there's a new Kawi twin coming that mimics the Ducati multistrada. Look at the later posts in the Kawi 650R thread for links and pics.

You also missed the Yami FZ6 and SV650 naked. Or you're looking for a liter bike option I guess?

So yeah, the future is looking up for nakeds and near nakeds as well as the bike that sit on the egde between naked sporties and adventure tourers.

My own Z did shake the bars a bit more than some bikes but not with the earthquake like manner suggested by some websites. However to make it more civilized for touring I filled my bars with lead shot and added the bar end mirrors and softer gel grips. This all acted to quell the vibes down to a very minor amount. I can ride all day and only have a 5 minute tingle at the end of the day. And some of that is due to the road vibes that are unavoidable.

If you're looking at doing it really soon Burnaby Kawi has one left over matt Titanium one left and it's going for CHEAP. Drop in and go for a test ride.

·
Registered
260 Posts
or the classic ZRX series of 1100's and 1200's. probably a little harder to find but a bit more true to the original Japanese Superbike designs of the 80's. the ZRX has underseat storage space bigger than most downtown apartments and is an excellent do-everything machine. don't forget the best one's are the Team Kawasaki/Eddie Lawson green white and blue ones... :D
ahhh memories...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just got a new 05 Z750. The world is a much better place when you go naked!

·
King of the money pits...
725 Posts
come buy the z1000 at rms... its blue// Its been here for a while and all anyone mentions is the "pretty color"... so COME BUY IT ;D

·
S2S anyone?
310 Posts
i used to have a honda 599, similar to the 919 you are considering.
I now ride a 05 CBR 600RR. unless you are doing 4 x the speed limit, then the 599 does everything as well as the RR while being more comforatble.
The 599 is a great bike, and i will be going back to that soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speed Triple, add a Laminar Lip and the wind protection is great, if you're into distance. Good deals can be had on pre 05 models.

G

·
I've got a naked sv650...oh how I wish they sold the naked sv1000 in canada:devillook

Though someday, I'd love to own one of those zrx's - love that old-school superbike style:rockon

·
Melodious
496 Posts
Anyone seen one of these on the road yet ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've seen a couple of MT01's on the road. Damn good looking bike! The 1670cc displacement might make it a little expensive to insure, but then again... 110 lb/ft of torque at 3750rpm!

·
Melodious
496 Posts
I've seen a couple of MT01's on the road. Damn good looking bike! The 1670cc displacement might make it a little expensive to insure, but then again... 110 lb/ft of torque at 3750rpm!
It's in the same rate class as your V-Max. (over 1150cc )

1 - 20 of 47 Posts