BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Original Pirate Material
1,063 Posts
Really interesting assessment you had of the GW 'bagger'.
Ok, so I'm not the only one who was wondering how a Gold Wing got on the short list.
make that 3 on the list.. wondered the same
This all started from a conversation we had on our most recent trip to WA,OR, and ID about comfier yet still capable sport touring bike alternatives. Coincidentally, a friendly couple we met in John Day tried playing cuck games with Frank and I and invited us to sample the GoldWing (and his wife). Like the thrill of riding a SS bike at pace, the sensations of pleasure derived from the humiliation of others (and yourself) is intoxicating. All you dudes just don't know yet, this place will soon be BCAB:BC Adventurebaggers - purveyors of the bag and swap lifestyle.

·
track hack
1,993 Posts
the sensations of pleasure derived from the humiliation of others (and yourself) is intoxicating. All you dudes just don't know yet, this place will soon be BCAB:BC Adventurebaggers - purveyors of the bag and swap lifestyle.
I'm not so confident in my skills that I could humiliate any decent rider while trying to hustle a 800lb+ bike along with relative safety and consistency.

Maybe you boys bring more MotoGP skills to the party but humiliating anyone with half a clue would be a tall order on a Wing IM-Humble-O.

·
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok, so I'm not the only one who was wondering how a Gold Wing got on the short list.
No rhyme or reason to it.............the reviews on the re-designed Goldwing were so over the top positive, that I just had to take a close look, find one to ride, and dispell all the claims of power, handling, and comfort from owners still in their honeymoon phase. I mean if you put a Honda ST next to it, the Goldwing is small. The dash, the lights, the "comfort", and the torque were all what attracted me to it.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Maybe you boys bring more MotoGP skills to the party but humiliating anyone with half a clue would be a tall order on a Wing IM-Humble-O.
yeah i'm just not following the thought process on that statement either.

not that i meant anything with my own post, its just an odd bike in this particular short list.

my cousin likes them, i do not. thats about as far as the conversation goes..

the Big Goldwing with the way the engine sits, is just too damn uncomfortable for me.
i've sat on one a few times and ive never felt a need for a test ride. Now, if they throw
in a hot trophy wife, thats another story. :D

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
the Big Goldwing with the way the engine sits, is just too damn uncomfortable for me.
i've sat on one a few times and ive never felt a need for a test ride. Now, if they throw
in a hot trophy wife, thats another story. :D
I was wondering about the bike because it made CDG's list. Last Saturday, my trophy wife and I looked at (but didn't ride) the 2019 Gold Wing at Penticton Honda. It's built for comfort and the tour model is absolutely perfect for two-up riding. DCT is supposed to be excellent and an electric reverse is a great feature.

Honda has made some good changes to this bike in 2019, and it's a clear departure from the Gold Wing land yacht of past. Good job Honda.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Honda has made some good changes to this bike in 2019, and it's a clear departure from the Gold Wing land yacht of past. Good job Honda.
i was hoping to get a much closer look a week ago while doing an over-night ride south but
we were tight for time, they're closed on Sundays so it didnt happen on return :(

i find the engine placement, resulting seating position specifically, a 'deal breaker'..
and going by pictures, that has not changed... (see attached, it literally hurts just seeing that)
(goldwing is still very much a land yacht.)

i've got a bad knee, shifter side, the Raider S allows me to stretch , relax on longer trips..

i dig the looks for what it is, but i'd probably be much happier on the new YAMAHA ELUDER,
specially considering it has the new/improved version of my engine, with a 6th gear no less!

its no surprise i'll quicker trade in my Raider on one then toss a leg over the H2-SX.. both are high on the list though.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Smart? No. Choice? Yes. I did the same thing, not because my 14R needed it, but because I wanted to. Does that make me non-smart?
** i just realized my browser kinda took a crapper and i had not seen any of these posts, comments. weird.

choice, yes... it is a choice you're right. that is kind of the given, i'm not sure why there's such hostility toward somebody else making
a choice which works for them and they are happy with. It seems a little odd to me that we have to repeatedly revisit the fact
everybody rides their own ride and none of us are about to trade on something you have ridden and were happy /with, yourself.

point is, the forum member i mention is keeping his bike for the foreseeable future and appears to have no need to question
said decision. does this automatically mean whatever you've decided to do is a 'not smart' approach.. that is a very odd question to ask,
i never know how to respond to this, thats kind of up to you as well to decide isnt it? Would it work for me? nope, would i purchase
said bike from you if it had not been re-flash / tuned ? uhmm, i didnt even know you sold it! hahaha, no i was not in the market.

in regards to the other comments, im making a direct easy to read comparison using HP numbers only because its a much quicker
way to draw attention to differences. In fact there are several other threads and posts which seem to brag about those other
bikes based purely on HP peak numbers, and you seemed ok with those remarks in those particular situations. its literally just
so the masses can understand whats being said.

I actually spoke of this exact same thing with dad while we were having breakfast after an over night ride, something we do
often, yes we are both more into longer rides than riding locally.. So sue me, he's a mechanic and i'm an electronic(s)
technician, all our conversations invariably circle back to engine power output and other comparisons. What were you
expecting me to post about? i can only talk about comfortable seating options and heated grips for so long. :D

Maybe it just runs in the blood, but given what we know a supercharger can do, and what has already been proven with
charts, and videos, review conversations, yada yada yada, I can only tell you that as a mechanic, even dad is confused
at the end results and the look of the oem dyno run.. It seems more often than not with the great progression of all
good things Technology, the final output in newer motorcycles & sportbikes is generally, a bigger number at the very least.
we get to see it on a dyno chart. It literally just seems odd all the promo videos from Kawasaki continue to outright brag about 200hp
and yet at least it seems the cpu itself shits the bed on a good chunk of that. Since the comparison to other sportbikes
will continue to be made, then its a little odd those engines (without the use of a supercharger) are making much closer
to 190 or 200HP at the rear wheel, yes of course thats a peak number but its not like its going to make 50hp right up
to 10k rpm and then suddenly oh look 200rwhp!! c'mon seriously we are all aware you wont be riding on 200hp the entire
time you're riding, that should be pretty obvious.

again, please dont take the comments so personally, i have absolutely no need to question your decisions, i'm sure you can
understand i can only post of our own collective experiences, meaning that of myself along with close friends weather local or abroad.

i only own two bikes, and both of them are re-flashed and maintained in a good state of tune,
i dont have much experience in riding purely stock motorcycles for long after purchase.

I doubt you sat on the new goldwing. Totally different bike
as i mentioned, it was part of 'the plan' recently but i was not about to disrupt our riding schedule just to do so, opportunity did not materialize.

i'm perfectly ok with that... i'm sure it will continue to evolve, but its not a bike i'd be interested on.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
NBD ? What the fuck is NBD and why is it so fucking hard to at least write it down ONCE so a guy can follow ? Not Bad Dickhead

41 - 60 of 75 Posts