BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a good office computer. ours is pretty outdated. I'm looking for something with perhaps 512 ram, maybe an AMD 2600, 16xDVD writer, i dont care about graphics and sound...on-board should be adequate, maybe 160gb hard-drive. I need windows, norton & a monitor too.

What I want to know is where's a good place. I've looked in "The hub", and nothing stands out. also would you guys suggest anything else since i really dont know what im talking about. Are there any good used retailers around?

thx,
mike

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Im particular to the B&S, esp if you know what you want (which looks to be the case).

You can get some very good used machines nowadays for next to nothing for those specs, prefect for business use.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
why don't you just buy a dell. Computers are so cheap these days even the basic ones are coming with flat screens.

·
2,217 Posts
Slaco is the closest to you in Coquitlam. I've bought quite a few things off them......pricing is competitive with ncix and apower and the like.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I buy stuff from atic but my nefew bought a system from them and I wasn't impressed with the quality. I bought a dell and am happy with it.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
I deal with Dell but if you want something local you should visit one of the 3 NCIX locations. Unlike the typical mom&pop computer stores that wave you goodbye right after you put your money down, these guys have been around for a long time and actually have a customer support dept.

Here is a primer for under $500:
http://secure.ncix.com/ncixpc/index.php?action=config&id=305593&subid=2
add a 17"LCD for another $280 and you're set.

·
Registered
978 Posts
dont touch a dell...no offence but for the price your paying its crap...just walk into ncix tell the guy what you want and he should be able to get you what you want with better features for the same price you could buy a pos dell

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
www.computraksystem.com
www.ncix.com
www.atic.ca

Those are my top 3 choices. :)

Also, Dont cheap out on Mobo and PSU, you'll regret it. Im not completly up to date on the latest hardware right now, so I cant really recommend anything.

Ryan

D

·
0 Posts
if you really want to cheap out, try www.dfsdirect.ca

it's dell's off-lease and open box return site. we got fax spammed by them last week, but the deals they have on warrantied refurb and new in box systems are pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts