BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably should go in the noobie section, but thought I'd post here first.

I need a new muffler for my OLD Honda dual-sport, whereabouts can I get a generic motorcycle muffler to weld in place? New to bikes, so no idea. Best place in the Okanagan?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
No, this is the right forum.

Mufflers for bikes don't really work that way although if you're willing to fiddle with it or have a talented buddy with a welder then anything is possible. If it's not from the age of dinosaurs then ebay is often your friend. Outside of that I'd take down a few key measurements like pipe diameter and rough measures of how much clearance you have and stuff like that and then go around to the local bike shops and measure up everything that you think may work until you find one that is as close as possible. THEN shop ebay or buy&sell to find one. Or if there's a local wrecker then cut a deal to take home an option that looks good, see if it's able to be modified and if not take it back for option B. This will likely require that you buy the first one and then trade.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TeeTee said:
No, this is the right forum.

Mufflers for bikes don't really work that way although if you're willing to fiddle with it or have a talented buddy with a welder then anything is possible. If it's not from the age of dinosaurs then ebay is often your friend. Outside of that I'd take down a few key measurements like pipe diameter and rough measures of how much clearance you have and stuff like that and then go around to the local bike shops and measure up everything that you think may work until you find one that is as close as possible. THEN shop ebay or buy&sell to find one. Or if there's a local wrecker then cut a deal to take home an option that looks good, see if it's able to be modified and if not take it back for option B. This will likely require that you buy the first one and then trade.
Yeah, it's not quite from the age of dinosaurs, but shortly after :D

I've got a buddy with a welder, as long as it's just a cheap steel thing, should be able to tack mounting tabs etc on it. I'll hit the bike shops and see what they have, thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Bill ships by bus too so he's good for it. I'd imagine that it may well be more noisy than a stock one though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I'll contact him and see what he's got.

I don't think it'll be noisier than what's on there now, it's basically just an old reamed out one with steel wool stuffed inside :)

·
this is my...boomstick!
1,545 Posts
If Bill's doesn't work for you, try tractor suppliers, Princess Auto or places like that. They have generic small mufflers for compressors, small tractors and the like. Typically, these are bullet style and cheap...I'm betting cheap works for you with this bike, hmm?

CR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CrotchetyRocket said:
If Bill's doesn't work for you, try tractor suppliers, Princess Auto or places like that. They have generic small mufflers for compressors, small tractors and the like. Typically, these are bullet style and cheap...I'm betting cheap works for you with this bike, hmm?

CR
I didn't even think of P.Auto, great idea! Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts