BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JMFN
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I have been working on this project bike (98" 900rr) for the last 3 months and it turns out that the mount that was fixed by the previous owner was done missing about a half centimeter angled mount point. A spacer could be used but the other side is cast with the angle. My mechanic said he wont do the final tune on the bike until the mounts are exactly to spec, any ideas? Most newer bikes seem to use spacers so I'm not sure what the problem is, I just want to solve it and get it going

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Get a new mechanic , I've seen CBR 900 stunted for years with 2 broken mounts .Obviously your taking it to a parts replacer not a mechanic.

Just make up a spacer.

S

·
0 Posts
there's supposed to be a spacer on one of the front mounts- i believe the right side. the mechanic sounds like a moron.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
ssblade said:
there's supposed to be a spacer on one of the front mounts- i believe the right side. the mechanic sounds like a moron.
Your right, it falls out as soon as you pull the bolt. You can can easily do a tune up without it.

·
JMFN
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where would I find another mechanic who will spoon with me?

Hey, thanks guys, that makes me happy. my guy is a good mechanic, BUT he works at a dealership so I don't think he's used to the concept of a streetfighter (in the build sense). The new mounts do still have to be tapped and the engine centered, I would do it myself, but it is a once or not at all job so I would like to have a pro do that part, any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Bring it in we're doing another 900 tomorrow with broken mounts.

Tell your buddy to read some books on motorcycle fabricating or better yet break something and fix it using tools other than you find in a Canadian tire $59 tool kit. Or go see Brada's shop. The worlds going to hell when mechanics turn into "parts replacers"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts