BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off just want to say hey too all readers out there. I am new to the sportbike sceen so I am looking for any and all advice on who in the lower mainland has a good shop with great mechanics in it , I need to have some suspention work done I have a 01 929 please give any feedback on good or bad luck you have had thanks in advance for your time :confused :confused

·
or in french,le steekmon!
1,050 Posts
Welcome to the site!!:flip The City guys can probably direct ya to a good shop,but for some reason right now I don't think it will be Burnaby Kawasaki!!LOL!!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
ALLRIGHT, I get to be first.........

:flip WELCOME ABOARD :flip <------ (standard greeting in case you didn't know)

Come on in and have a seat....... Can I get you a cuppa tea?

PS: Drat, beeten by a shorter answer........... Grrrrrr

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Are you new tot he motorcycle scene? Or just new to the sportbike scene? If you're new to riding completely...then a 929RR is a pretty serious machine for a beginner.

Let me just go against what stickman just said...I whole heartedly recommend Burnaby Kawasaki. They rock.

If you want to take your bike to a Honda dealership...then Carter Honda is excellent. I took my CBR there when I had it.

Oh yeah...almost forgot:

:flip :flip :flip :flip :flip

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you new tot he motorcycle scene? Or just new to the sportbike scene? If you're new to riding completely...then a 929RR is a pretty serious machine for a beginner.
thats exactly what i was thinking...hopefully its not your first bike...
anyways, since i've been on here most people recommend BK for service dept at least...i would just avoid brian if buying gear, but everyone else was cool to deal with

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Welcome, what kind of suspension work do you have in mind? If you are thinking of getting the forks done (revalve, stiffer springs like .95's, etc) consider emailing Dan Kyle Racing for info. He does an amazing job with forks, go to Fireblades.org to find all sorts of info on the 929, including a bunch of guys who have had their suspension (front forks redone, new rear shock) improved. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
CHeck out John's Shop. BOMAX MOTORSPORTS, he's very experienced with all kinds of bikes. He just finished a nice orange 929 that was the big news 2 weeks ago. go search for the thread.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Just read my replies to my previous post and whould like to thank all that info so far and just incase anyone wants to know I went to proride school last year after passing my road test I did get a 01 929 which was my first bike and yes it was a hand full LAST YEAR but this year it seems alot more tame.Anyway I know alot more this year also if I had to do it all agian i whould becuse I have not outgroon my ride . Hope to se all you out and about
:rider :cool

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
wow 929 first bike :eek .... I dont think there are many of us here who will outgrow our 600s....

btw, welcome to the board :flip :flip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts