BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my yosh pipe today...never installed a bolt on before...
i figured it should be easy....hence the term "bolt-on"

got home...removed the stock pipe...noticed that the muffler was fastened by nuts.....and the bolts are connected to the muffler...

for my yosh pipes i need bolts to fasten it.....
so i check the installation manual....it says that i need a new muffler gasket - Honda-part No. 18291-MV400

so do i need that part? and do i have to buy bolts to fasten the yosh pipe?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
i installed my yosh slip on my self. All I had to do was remore the stock one and slip the yosh on and bolt it....got no idea about the gasket thingy....

·
Slow
271 Posts
If there's no bolts in the package and you can't re-use the hardware you've got, it looks like you might be in trouble. I'd guess you might need a new gasket but what does the gasket have to do with the bolts required to bolt that puppy on?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joeyrf said:
If there's no bolts in the package and you can't re-use the hardware you've got, it looks like you might be in trouble. I'd guess you might need a new gasket but what does the gasket have to do with the bolts required to bolt that puppy on?
I've got no idea why i need a new gasket.....looks like i have to buy some new bolts....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it at modern motorcycling....
my stock system seems funny.....the bolts are attached to the stock muffler...no way of taking it out....unless i cut the thing open or something....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
umm...my stock bolts come right off, but my yosh slip on came with bolts as well....regarding the gasket it should still be there on the pipe, no the slip on, forget the name the actual pipe on which the slip on mounts....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Huck-jai, you should have gotten the bolts with the pipe. They should have been in the same bag as the mounting clamp...... You did get a mounting clamp didn't you?

It's nice to have a new gasket but it's just exhaust. Carefully peel off the old one and reuse it as long as it doesn't get damaged or isn't badly distorted.

As for the bolts, even if Modern can't find the pack they should be able to spare some bolts for you along with an apology I would hope.

And the attached pieces on your stock pipe are called studs. This is the name for any pressed in or welded on threaded posts. Like the wheel studs on your car's hubs that the lug nuts go onto.

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
I think the Yosh for Hondas replaces just the canister. You would use the pipe that came with your bike. I think you can just use the same gasket providing it's in good condition. See pic.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BMatthews said:
Huck-jai, you should have gotten the bolts with the pipe. They should have been in the same bag as the mounting clamp...... You did get a mounting clamp didn't you?

It's nice to have a new gasket but it's just exhaust. Carefully peel off the old one and reuse it as long as it doesn't get damaged or isn't badly distorted.

As for the bolts, even if Modern can't find the pack they should be able to spare some bolts for you along with an apology I would hope.

And the attached pieces on your stock pipe are called studs. This is the name for any pressed in or welded on threaded posts. Like the wheel studs on your car's hubs that the lug nuts go onto.
thanx for the help man....
i got the clamp...but no bolts....gonna go back to modern in the morning and hopefully get some bolts. =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts