BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the facts.

When I took Cindy from the dealer, she had BT-012's shoes. They were, good shoes, I liked them. Lost the back one when Cindy turned 7 000 km's old. Her front shoe was still OK, but I got a set of BT-014's (from 5th gear, who sent them to me by bus...) for her anyway 'cause I love her. So I put the new rear shoe and then the summer went by and we were happy.

Last winter at 11 000 km's, I swapped the front one wile she was asleep. Really good tires, I love the feel and the grip. Today Cindy turned 13 400 km's. Now, she needs a new rear shoe again. I can see the steel belt.It's dead.
So let's count, 13400 - 7000 = 6400.

MMM, 6400 km's out of a BT-014. I maybe have a little agressive riding style, I guess. Although I never wheelie, never do burnouts or any kind of stunts. I still think those tyres wear pretty fast.

Now I have a dilema. What tyre to chose for Cindy's rear ? I realy like Bridgestones, but damn they don't last long. Is the BT-020 any better for me? Or should I go with michelin PP ? Diablo ? Here, my LOCAL shop in Kelowna, have a BT-020 for 250$ + 29$ installation.

What to do ?
Any suggestions ?

Thank U for helping me taking good care of Cindy:tredmill

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
The price on that 020 is rather steep...

I'd suggest a 020/014 combo if you want to stay with the 'Stones, but some people are reporting great mileage out of the PP's. When I run out of tires in my garage, I'm gonna try the PP's--if the mileage out of the rear isn't enough, I'll try a PP front and a Pilot Road rear.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do you sleep in the garage?

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
I am happy to get 6000k's outta a rear on my R1...just for reference! I call it the cost of fun...$0.044 per kilometer is pretty cheap the way I see it!!

I will be running Pilot Powers for my next set of tires...we'll see how long they last!!

Pete

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I have the same bike and I think I'm going with Pilot Roads front and back.

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
I got over 10,000k on my BT 012's...and I ride the shit outta these things.

I'm going to grab some PP's on friday though - cuz these things are toast.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tx guys. I guess I'll shop around for PP's tomorrow and see what kind of prices I can get localy.

no I don't sleep in the garage, my wife won't let me...but she's ok with Cindy in our relationship:laughing

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bought Pilot power. 367.59$

279+instal.+taxes+ NEW SCRATCHES ON MY WHEEL.

support your local dealer *#&##!!*### FCKNG $$$$$ #%$#$% SHiT !

second time I go there. second time they damage my parts,first time it was one front fork cylinder they had fucked up with wrenches at both ends, now they made gouges in the wheel.

I think I'll stop supporting VALLEY MOTO SPORT LTD in KELOWNA.

:rtfm :mad :firemad :banghead :ban :gun :mad :2guns

Will let you know what I think of the darn tire later I guess.

:hopmad

should have called Bill...

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Reg said:
Is the BT-020 any better for me? Or should I go with michelin PP ? Diablo ? Here, my LOCAL shop in Kelowna, have a BT-020 for 250$ + 29$ installation.
I have run all three. For longevity I would say the Pilot Powers. Diablos are nice and sticky although the PP for the street and the twisties seem just fine.

6400K on a rear tire seems really low. Where was the tread thin or cupped? Tires underinflated intentionally, maybe?

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Bandit_Ryder said:
I got over 10,000k on my BT 012's...and I ride the shit outta these things.

I'm going to grab some PP's on friday though - cuz these things are toast.
Yeah if Bandit Ryder gets 10 grand out of his tires anyone can. :laughing

·
1,768 Posts
I got almost 23,000km out of my stock BT020 and I got a new set at the beginning of last season. I'm curious to see what kind of mileage I get out of the second set.

;D

·
yorkshire sheep shagger
535 Posts
I use Dunlop D208's on my 12R, I'm lucky to get 5,000Km out of the rear, I can usually use 1 front for every 2 rears, but the front is cupped as hell by the time its all over. I thinking of trying a set of BT014's next just to see if the life is better, my choices are a bit limited as my bike takes a 200 rear, I realize I could install a 190, but I really like the look of that fat bastard on the back end....

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Here's one for ya. Maybe it can help someone here...

I always replace both of my tires [front and rear] at the same time even though there's always at least 1000-2000kms left on the front. Come May 2nd I'll now have TWO used front tires [one Dunlop, one Pirelli Diablo Coursa] that I'll never use ...but don't want to throw them away. Who should I send these two used tires to [free of charge ;) ] ?

Thanks
:cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts