BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anyone has any ideas, I'm looking to find a way to add a small backrest to the back of my bike. It's the 2012 ninja 650 and passenger grab handles aren't an option. Would ideally like a small backrest or bar at the back so she's more comfortable riding it, right now she's finding it uncomfortable and a bit difficult to stay in place. Burnaby Kawasaki has suggested swapping the tail plastics on my bike for the er6n to add the passenger grab handles and possibly also adding a top box with some padding for her to lean back on but I wasn't sure if there was an easier way of doing this or if anyone else had any suggestions

anyone good at fabricating and have any ideas?

·
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only problem with that one is that it's mounted onto where the passenger grab handles would be...if it was an ER6N or a UK version. The 2012 ninja 650 doesn't come with the grab handle mounts, which is what makes me scratch my head.

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
You could call/email Corbin, see if they have a Gunfighter & Lady seat for the 2012....had one for 2009-2011:

This will give you the added benefit of a way comfier seat for both, but will be pricey.

·
Registered
173 Posts
only problem with that one is that it's mounted onto where the passenger grab handles would be...if it was an ER6N or a UK version. The 2012 ninja 650 doesn't come with the grab handle mounts, which is what makes me scratch my head.

"SHAD" would certainly have a great designed top case rack for your bike and I'm sure it'll not be mounted onto your bike passenger grab bars. Plus, you will also be able to mount other name brand box such as Givi and an optional comfy passenger back rest right on the box. Good luck,

·
???
526 Posts
I don't know if I would trust that one, the image used is of a Versys 650.

I am also sure that SHAD does not make a top rack for the 2013 Ninja 650.

The Ninja 650 is sold here with different bodywork that incorporates grab handles. This has made finding hard luggage options a bit difficult for owners of these bikes. If you would like to mount hard luggage on the (North American) 2013 Ninja 650, you will need to remove both sides of the tail section and replace them with the parts from the ER6N. This will also require a few brackets, nut & bolts to relocate the seat lock. *Ideally your Ninja 650 is in a colour that was available in the ER6N* In doing this you will be able to use any of the luggage systems on the market for the ER6F & ER6N.

·
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is why i love this site! good suggestions i wasnt aware of, thank you!

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
All depends on the passenger I guess...my bikes (Suzukli GSXR's) have never had proper grab handles, only the strap on the front of the seat...which is terribly uncomfortable for most to use anyways. Have the passenger hold onto you...its better that way anyways. :D

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Corbin is not that cheap, however it is probably the best option for you
The backrest is removable on the corbin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just curious if anyone has any ideas, I'm looking to find a way to add a small backrest to the back of my bike. It's the 2012 ninja 650 and passenger grab handles aren't an option. Would ideally like a small backrest or bar at the back so she's more comfortable riding it, right now she's finding it uncomfortable and a bit difficult to stay in place. Burnaby Kawasaki has suggested swapping the tail plastics on my bike for the er6n to add the passenger grab handles and possibly also adding a top box with some padding for her to lean back on but I wasn't sure if there was an easier way of doing this or if anyone else had any suggestions

anyone good at fabricating and have any ideas?
hi, i have the same problem with my 2013 ... I'm lockinf for a passenger back rest or rear rack to had a passenger back rest and with all the version of this bike it's really hard... do you find something?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts