BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell kind of BS is this that I keep seeing on ads for used bikes!!! I like in the OKANAGAN and I can't even imagine a rider who hasn't been caught in the rain...unless he only goes for short burns on days with no clouds! Who from the lower rainland could expect anyone to believe their bike hasn't seen the rain??? Unless you take it everywhere in a trailer and only ride it on the dyno...I don't believe there's any way a bike hasn't seen a little rain.

This just seems ridiculously stupid as I look through ads for a bike!

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
That just means that the previous owner/rider was a pussy

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
Must be pussies that only insure in July and August and have them garage stored the rest of the year, I could see them seeing no rain that way. 90% of bikes here must have seen some rain.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
JHinds said:
Must be pussies that only insure in July and August and have them garage stored the rest of the year, I could see them seeing no rain that way. 90% of bikes here must have seen some rain.

+1 on that.

Just buying it for the sake of having it, riding it is secondary :eek:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
nighthawk13, there is a difference between motorcycle *owners*, and motorcycle riders.
( I learned this during my Harley years. Chrome and tatt's can be cool, but don't do anything for the motorcycle riding experience. As in: Gee, here I am in Key West, Florida, and I could not have done it without my Life to Ride tattoo and my Screaming Eagle chrome kit)
"Owners," can sell bikes that have not been ridden in the rain. "Riders," sell high mileage bikes that they describe as "meticulously maintained."
Maybe it's because we in the Okanagan have fewer Starbucks per square mile, we're forced to ride more.
I dunno.
(removing tongue from cheek)

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I would say "no rain" = "very low mileage on the odometer" So if there is say any more then like ...what....10000 km on a 5 year old bike that it must have been ridden in the rain.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
adam112 said:
I would say "no rain" = "very low mileage on the odometer" So if there is say any more then like ...what....10000 km on a 5 year old bike that it must have been ridden in the rain.
I think even 10,000k on a 5 year old bike would have seen rain.
I've gone out on days that looked like they were gonna be great, only to get caught in rain or snow or a mixture.

One thing that gets me is people saying they're bike is mint, when its a 2001 with like 3500k on it. In 5 years, if you've only put that many K on it, I dont even think you would know if something is wrong with it.

Ryan

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
If I recall correctly, Cosworth doesn't ride in the rain and I understand he puts on a few miles.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
either that, or the vendor has a multitude of bikes, and the low miler is actually ridden in "no rain," situations.
(my dream)

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Actually I don't ride in the rain. The many times that I got caught in the rain, I simply pulled into a sheltered area and wait it out...sometimes in days. ;)

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
...my next bike ad will say "only ridden in the rain, and sometimes snow"...

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I despise riding in the rain, and usually bail on rides when it appears we're in for the wet stuff.
That being said, I've been caught out in a shower, so I don't see how so many people can claim to have a bike "that's never seen rain." I'm sure some are, but that many?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
jacofan said:
-- why the hate on?
The hate on come from the people who like to set themselves up to be seen as "hardcore" riders. :rolleyes
They attempt to prove their hardcore-ness by belittling those of us who got into motorcycles to ride on nice, sunny summer days.
Sorry, boys. I don't plan to ride in the rain. That's why I have a car. I've been caught in the rain, and fail to see the fascination.
So next time some of you feel the urge to pipe up about how much of a "true" rider you are because you're dumb enough to choose to ride in the rain, tell your brain to stop typing.

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
FOR SALE: 1 STUNTED, RAIN SOAKED, 600CC MOTORCYCLE. ONLY BEEN DROPPED LIKE 10 TIMES, METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED BY ME :evilgrin ONLY USED THE GOOD OIL NOT THE BAD OIL, LADY DRIVEN :flashy

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
Libby said:
FOR SALE: 1 STUNTED, RAIN SOAKED, 600CC MOTORCYCLE. ONLY BEEN DROPPED LIKE 10 TIMES, METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED BY ME :evilgrin ONLY USED THE GOOD OIL NOT THE BAD OIL, LADY DRIVEN :flashy
oh oh dibs! soooo dibs!! everyone back off!

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
SpideRider said:
next time some of you feel the urge to pipe up about how much of a "true" rider you are because you're dumb enough to choose to ride in the rain, tell your brain to stop typing.
No disrespect to you Spiderider, but that's not the message being put forth. I don't think anyone is "piping up" about riding in the rain making you a true rider. I don't like riding in the rain either, but it has come down on me while riding wether I liked it or not. Theres nothing wrong with only riding in nice weather, we're just simply saying that if you ride as much as most of us do, you're bound to get a little wet from time to time. -Cheers

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Libby said:
Sounds like a lavalife ad. . Never been riden in rain" but looking for that special someone to share the experience.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
5thgear said:
Sounds like a lavalife ad. . Never been riden in rain" but looking for that special someone to share the experience.
haha like I said, DIBS! lol :surrender

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Staying out of the rain isn't impossible. My ole' Caddy has never -ever- seen rain since being in my possession. It does mean you have to be extremely fussy about the kinds of weather you'll go out into... and some people would describe such people as, well... the word's been used and it fits. :D

As far as riding in the rain goes, no thanks. ;) After 30+ yrs in the saddle... I can say this without fear of name-calling. There's just no pleasure in it. (Or at least not for me).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts