BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
track hack
1,999 Posts
AF1 doesnt offer group buys......
I stand corrected. I was thinking of the Triumph site when I had my Street Triple.

AF1 does however have over stock sales like the Ohlins shock one last year posted by Ted and if you type Ohlins, suspension upgrade, etc... into the search I got over 500 threads pop up for each - seems like quite a common topic of conversation don't ya think?

...so, how about the rest of my post - no feedback on my other comments?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Didn't do Tofino this year due to all of the road construction and delays, but next year... :)
think thats why we didnt hop over, somebody mentioned road conditions / delays. Hope its good next year.

I'm not so sure how another 1000cc supercharged bike makes sense in the lineup. A 200hp naked?
i cant handle a naked at city speeds. lol

in regards to a 1k supercharged i think some of us are still missing the point, the H2's frame is not 'sport-bike' material these days.

their goal was to make a bike accelerate as fast as humanly possible, they achieved it. H2 line that is.
(which is why i could understand some not needing a 240rwhp H2-SX)

but what about an super-charged ZX-10R!?? full fairings and all, track oriented suspension bits etc.

the H2-SX is aimed at an entirely different segment is it not?

mind you one of those videos shows a similar trellis style frame on the new bike.. it will be interesting to see though.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
the H2's frame is not 'sport-bike' material these days.
Please explain

.....what about an super-charged ZX-10R!?? full fairings and all, track oriented suspension bits etc.
I highly doubt that . I think it will be a naked . I really don't understand all the nakedness going in the the past 5 years.

.....the H2-SX is aimed at an entirely different segment is it not?
They pitch it as a sport-tourer. The only thing that makes it a touring bike is the optional bags and center stand. It's full sport through and through.

·
track hack
1,999 Posts
The only thing that makes it a touring bike is the optional bags and center stand. It's full sport through and through.
- a hair under 600lbs wet weight.
- handle bar risers instead of clip ons
- wide, high fairing and windscreen
- very relaxed Ergo triangle from bar-seat-pegs
- heated grips

I'd say those all qualify as putting the SX firmly in the sport touring category and not the sport bike category. Is it capable, and are you able to enjoy it at a sporting pace - I bet, however it is far from a sport bike.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They already make a straight sport h2 and h2r and the h2-sx. So highly doubtful the big new release is another full fairinged supercharged sportbike I would think. The obvious move is a sport naked I would think. Basically a naked h2.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Please explain
i just mean you dont see many trellis style frames on sport-bikes. Seems to me (and i could be wrong) its used on these bikes
to make it as light as possible. Everything they keep talking about is straight up acceleration. Not entirely twisty oriented machines
or at least not dedicated as such. It is a style of frame which carries a lot of 'feedback' through the entire bike, and again that
would seem to be aimed directly at ensuring the rider FEELS every damn bit of g-forces during said acceleration. At least that
is what i've seen since the H2 line was released.

in terms of what the SX is billed as.. i mean clearly its not aimed at the ZX10R market, track oriented bikes etc. Its a sportbike
with saddlebags i totally see that but the riding position, ergonomics appear to be a few eons away from what we're used to
considering a 'true sportbike'. Yet i still see some mention of risers being available.. what do they want, ape hangers?

- heated grips

I'd say those all qualify as putting the SX firmly in the sport touring category and not the sport bike category. Is it capable, and are you able to enjoy it at a sporting pace - I bet, however it is far from a sport bike.
BANG ON, you took the words right out of my mouth.. its very clear to me, and always has been.. nope, that is not a sportibike.

can it be utilized as such? well considering every rider out there is willing to compromise physics, mathematics and every other science
under the sun these days? i say sure, have at it.. i dont think BCSB's opinion on the matter will have much of a say on this.

i recently joked about with a few blokes about how there's plenty of dudes riding V-stroms with a car tyre in the back, and they seem perfectly
happy to do so.. But that does not exactly mean the bike can still lean.. There's physics and then there's "dude with an internet account, physics".. :coffee

discussing the latter with dudes who know what proper suspension, brakes, tires etc are supposed to offer gets a little uncomfortable after a while.
about 5 minutes into it, the dude with actual knowledge just starts to roll his eyes, shake their head and ready fists for a good battle.. its rather hilarious

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
- heated grips

For sure its a beautiful sport tourer. Reminds me of a busa. Big, heavy and a bitch to throw around in twisties. Oh ...but those straights ....

·
Original Pirate Material
1,068 Posts
about 5 minutes into it, the dude with actual knowledge just starts to roll his eyes, shake their head and ready fists for a good battle.. its rather hilarious
So are you laughing at CDG? I don't get it. What does this have to do with the lag issue? Why are we going off topic?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
So are you laughing at CDG? I don't get it. What does this have to do with the lag issue? Why are we going off topic?
thats taking things in a strange direction, i dont think that is how it was meant.. plenty of odd talks on the interwebz these days. just a general comment.

the line between this and that type of bike has gotten really blurry. So have most discussions regarding what is to be considered 'performance' in modern sport-bikes. Meaning some are happy to do without 'intended levels of performance' even though the price tag certainly reflects its original purpose. These days at least half of the motorcycle buying public does not have a clear understanding of what limitations are imposed on certain bikes, purely because of their target market.

Thats perfectly fine as well though, as we all are aware of how spoiled we are to begin with when shopping for a new ride in 2019.

it would seem to me in this case, the SPORT portion of said Sport Touring (segment) Motorcycle is heavily accentuated, but in a very different way than a similar 'performance component' would be utilized in what most of us would consider a road legal "sport-bike" aka Race Bike with mirrors and turn siggies.. Hell maybe we're all a little crazy and these are just labels we use because we like shiny stickers and bright colored leathers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
but what about an super-charged ZX-10R!?? full fairings and all, track oriented suspension bits etc.
That is the H2. By the time they beefed up the bike to hold up to the extra power (and they added weight of the supercharger bits) it ended up being the heavier H2.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
That is the H2. By the time they beefed up the bike to hold up to the extra power (and they added weight of the supercharger bits) it ended up being the heavier H2.
read a similar comment above, yeah.

I didnt make the distinction to be honest, specially considering the extra weight..

but then at the time i was looking at all these sportibikes hitting well below the 440lbs mark, whereas the H2 is what 476.0 lb soaking wet?

hard to compare with yer average literbike.. most off recent years line up right beside the R6 in weight, handling, etc.

i just meant they're not really focused on outright twisty bits performance machines.. its all balls to the wall, on a straight line.

there's a japanese rider who was trying his damnest to break the 400kph mark, maybe it was the H2R. he kept saying :
"i just need to get it upright as fast as possible.. i'm losing too much time while leaned over, gonna run out of track."

maybe it clouded my judgement.. he got it in the end, got off the lean sooner and utilized the entire length of the track to make it happen..

i'm cure CDG is right, and its a naked... thats a little scary thought all in its own.

Bonus: *unburned fuel works as anti-lag
new thread: how do i get rid of POPPING!? :D

answer: do not pass GO! head straight to JAIL! :flashy

edit: i've often read on the Raider's forum popping is a result of 'fuel cut' parameters introduced in modern ecu's.
unfortunately not the only cause as swapping out to an aftermarket exhaust (no catalytics) will lead to the same, but
this is due to 'un-burnt fuel' as you mention, it ignites within the pipes due to high internal heat of same.

its easy to induce with incorrect fueling , but also easy to fix.
We're here all week folks. Please tip your server.
I DONT recommend the VEAL. :hopmad

Maybe take one plug wire off if it feels too scary fast.
scary fast can be a bit of a loose term. these days its all a little wild out there ;)

Triples do sound great though. :coffee

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Wait ...... there is a Raider forum?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts