BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki

8K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  CoolDaddyGroove 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I don't know what any of this means but it seems kool.
Line art Symbol

Supercharged Engine
Drawing on the know-how and technology possessed by the KHI Group, Kawasaki’s supercharged engine delivers high engine output while maintaining a compact design. The key to achieving this incredible performance lies in the engine’s supercharger – a motorcycle-specific unit designed completely in-house with technology from Kawasaki’s Gas Turbine & Machinery Company, Aerospace Company and Corporate Technology Division.

One of the greatest benefits of designing the supercharger in-house and tailoring its design to match the engine’s characteristics was that engineers were able to achieve high-efficiency operation over a wide range of conditions – something that would not have been possible by simply dropping in or trying to adapt an aftermarket automotive supercharger.

The importance of high efficiency in a supercharger is that, as the air is compressed, power-robbing heat gain is minimal. And while many superchargers are able to offer high-efficiency operation in a very limited range of conditions, Kawasaki’s supercharger offers high efficiency over a wide range of pressure ratios and flow rates – meaning over a wide range of engine speeds and vehicle speeds. This wide range of efficient operation (similar to having a wide power band) easily translates to strong acceleration. The supercharger’s high efficiency and minimal heat gain also meant that an intercooler was unnecessary, greatly saving weight and space, and enabling the engine’s compact design.

#18 ·
I know a few Tuono riders, and i'm the only one who's swapped out any suspension components, and based off my time on the Af1 forums, I think your assessment there is quite inaccurate.
From what i've read online (and maybe only related to early production units), is that the 790 motors has had quite a few issues, with oil leaks being very common.

I'd also guess that stock adjustable Sachs is much better than the completely non-adjustable WP units.

but RS660 to Mini-Duke is an apples to orange comparison.

#19 ·
I know a few Tuono riders, and i'm the only one who's swapped out any suspension components, and based off my time on the Af1 forums, I think your assessment there is quite inaccurate.
From what i've read online (and maybe only related to early production units), is that the 790 motors has had quite a few issues, with oil leaks being very common.

I'd also guess that stock adjustable Sachs is much better than the completely non-adjustable WP units.

but RS660 to Mini-Duke is an apples to orange comparison.
So you weren't the guy who ordered his Ohlins shock with our Pal Kurt? (Wet Dog) Interesting...

Even more telling is the fact that you yourself swapped it out for upgraded stuff so that's evidence enough that even though adjustable it's still lacking, correct? I mean, you voted with your wallet already on that question.

I was on AF1 when I owned my '12 Tuono and I'd beg to differ - there were group buys all the damn time for suspension on there.

Oil leaks - it's an issue that some owners have reported globally which is a leaking counter shaft seal - oil gets by it and weeps out - on the 790 forum I've seen roughly 8-10 cases of it reported out of the many many members there. It's covered under warranty and takes about 30 minutes for the shop to swap seals. Again, just the fact that a long time Aprilia owner is questioning engine issues, oil leaks, etc... is super fantastic - pot loudly telling the kettle about his blackness.

RS660 to Duke is apples to oranges yes, my comparo however was a naked middleweight based on the RS660 frame/engine which would then compete with the Duke - you'd have two VERY similar european middleweight naked using parallel twins to propel em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.