BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being contacted by another BCSB’er about seeing my ZRX for sale, I thought I’d add another NBD.

The ZRX runs like a top, handles like a dream, is reliable as a stone axe and drinks fuel like a 427 c.i. at full trot. An easy ride on a cool day gave me about 33 MPG. As I hate being “that guy”, the one you have to stop for because he’s almost out of gas all the time, I started looking.

I was in the LMD for a visit when I walked into High Road Langley looking for boots. I found a great pair of marked down Sidi’s but ran the gamut of shiney new stuff.

I saw a gorgeous R1250RS. White with a red frame, really looked the dogs bollocks. Then I saw the price tag. $23K before tax, PDI or any bags. Hard pass. Then the salesman hit me with the “ex-demo” spiel. They had a black bike, ex-corporate lend bike that was substantially marked down. I gave him my contact info and left town.

A few days later I get an email with details. Black Storm Metallic, Comfort Package, Dynamic Package, Touring Package and anti-theft. 6100 km, warranty until April 2024. A bit more dickering, add on some bags and a Navi 6 GPS and we came to a price I could live with. I was very pleased with the substantial discount in the bike. Another trip to the LMD, another U-Haul rental and it’s back home.

I’ve put another 500km on it since coming home. A really great machine. The Dynamic ESA suspension tracks wonderfully and doesn’t get upset by mid-corner bumps. Very easy to change lines mid-corner as well. The ride is smooth and non-jarring. Terrific fuel mileage ….. averaging 5.4 l/100km right now. And the roll on ….. 136 HP but with 105 lb/ft at 6700 RPM. There is some pretty hard lunge available.

Anyways, there’s a ZRX available if you’re willing to pay the big bucks. I doubt I’ll have it out more than once or twice this year.
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Gauge Trip computer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, curious what you think of it compared to VFR
Much lighter, more power, not as boring to look at, better equipped from the start, more comfortable from the start, handles better.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just came down Hwy 3 to Chilliwack yesterday. Bike was phenomenal. 600+ km and no leg/knee issues. Pretty good for the first long ride of the year, usually I’ll cramp up and have to stretch a lot. Temps ranged from -1 at the top of Kootenay Pass to 18 C in Chilliwack. Wind protection was solid. Overall, a great mile muncher. And turned 5.4 l/100km, so great range as well.

I’ve done a few rides up Hwy 3A. Handling is very good. It tracks thru corners as steady as can be but you can change lines mid-corner with little effort. No bouncing around or getting knocked off line by bumps or braking.

So far, with 1000 km done, I’m very happy with the bike. Playing with the Navi VI GPS, the following data was obtained. If nothing else, it shows Hwy 3 can still provide a good ride, even this early in the season.

Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Mobile device Tablet computer

Portable communications device Mobile device Communication Device Gadget Output device

Mobile device Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Telephony

Reactions: CrashTested

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice.
do you have the motorad app setup on your phone? If it has the same features as my XR, you can replay your ride on the map in the app. Its actually pretty cool.
I’ll have to look into that, there’s a lot of tech here that I’m trying to decipher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts