BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too got a new bike a some weeks ago too but I have been having some Warranty issues with it so I was not saying anything. Anyway, I finally was able to reprogram the controller to remove the speed limiting function and along with a few other minor details it is now running well. It is called a Tinbot in the manual I got but it is also sold under Artisan and Kollter names. It is not exactly a serious high performance motorcycle but it is functional and is a really fun to ride at 250 lbs. It is a little like a knockoff of a Zero FX but lighter, with a smaller motor, and less battery. I would say it performs like a 250cc dual-sport, so not like my CBR1K. I got it with the super-moto rims so hopefully that qualifies it for posting here. Feel free with thoughts, ideas, and questions.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The range meter on the bike claims 130km but I keep it in sport mode all the time and it probably will get 100 km in real life. The insurance is a dream compared to my Honda.... ICBC did not have the bike in their "system" when I registered it so they charged me the minimum rate class and claimed if they re-evaluated it they would send me a new bill. I have heard similar stories about Zero's too. I have also applied for the 2000$ EV credit for bikes in BC. I haven't received it yet but I don't think there will be an issue. Once I get the rebate that will put the bike a little less than a new CRF300 and about 1/3 the cost of a Zero FX.

One other thing of interest is that it comes with a 15Amp external charger 120V charger. With it I can fully charge both batteries in about 3 hours. The charger is fair sized but it will fit in my topbox along with an extension cord so I can bring it with me if I want.

What insurance CC class is it in? What sort of range does it have?
What insurance CC class is it in? What sort of range does it have?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing that's Chinese made? Be careful parking that near your house.
I think you are implying that it will burn down my house because it is Chinese made.......I hope that does not happen. The battery modules look very professional, for whatever that is worth, and seem to be identical to those found in Super Soco LSM's that have been around for a while. I have seen some videos of HD Livewires burned to pavement so it is not just a Chinese problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts