BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at this one for a while and finally found a deal I couldn’t refuse. Looking forward to more sporty touring and longer trips to mix in with my track day schedule.

2019 KTM 1290 Superduke GT ?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congrats! Crazy ride. For me the looks would have to grow on me I think. But I suspect that would happen quickly after cracking the throttle open a few times.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Crazy ride. For me the looks would have to grow on me I think. But I suspect that would happen quickly after cracking the throttle open a few times.
thanks! Yeah I’ve heard people either hate it or love it. But I love it, and the ride is amazing; useable power everywhere and so light and nimble its seems almost unbelievable. More on the sporty side of sport touring, which is exactly why I got it. Can’t wait for the season to really dive into it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've heard they are a pretty amazing bike. If I was shopping in that price range it would definitely have been on my short list. Yah in the north okanagan where I'm at the winter is really starting to drag on.

·
Posing with conviction
5,387 Posts
Congrats, on your great lookin' ride. Hopefully, you'll be able to take advantage of some of the nice weather coming up.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
wow Bobby: shock and awe! what a season you're gonna have, buddy! but you'll need a new helmet, to contain the grin...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wicked!! we need a review!! a friend of mine and I were talking recently as I was looking at
all the new toys including the Kawi SCharged touring beast. He had a 1290 before and just
picked up a GT a few months ago.. He loves his.
Believe me, I can’t wait for the first real day ride to get a full sense of this thing. For now I’m just working towards the 1000k service interval whenever we get some warm days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow Bobby: shock and awe! what a season you're gonna have, buddy! but you'll need a new helmet, to contain the grin...
I’m really looking forward to it Don! New helmet arrived already, went with a Shoei GT Air II.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Just you wait till you can turn the traction control off........there's a whole other motor in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts