BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a steed in the garage since dying on Scott Rd hill in 2003... My days of being raked over a tank and going fast are long gone now so I've switched gears and gone with something more, ummm sedate?

2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, picked it up last night and sitting at just over 400km today!

Rode Nelson, Kaslo (picked up my Dad), New Denver, Slocan and back to Nelson - Happy Father's Day to me!

Reactions: armchairgm

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
cool (whatever it takes). great route, for sure!!

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
Hey Crash-Tested ... holy crap ... were you the person on the BMW (I think) with the handle 'BigWhiteBox' (or something along that line) ... that got smashed at the top of the hill on Hwy 10 and Scott Rd, around ten years ago ... ???

·
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Crash-Tested ... holy crap ... were you the person on the BMW (I think) with the handle 'BigWhiteBox' (or something along that line) ... that got smashed at the top of the hill on Hwy 10 and Scott Rd, around ten years ago ... ???
That was me, 18yrs ago next Friday. I had just found and joined this site the week previous and then BAM, someone threw a guardrail at me :D

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
18 years you say ... hoo-ha .... where'd all that time go?? From what I can recall, you were banged up pretty badly ... did you recover fully, over time?

·
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I was messed up for a while for sure!

Now I'd say I'm doing pretty good, I have 2 boys - 16 & 8 they said would never happen and finally back on the horse this year!! Only issue is a wonky back that can put me down for a week over the stupidest things i.e.: picking up a pair of ski boots, sneezing wrong (2x now LOL) - POP ahhhh shit!

Working out 5 days a week and feeling good for the most part!

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
awesome - great to hear !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts