BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new bike recently, and I was wondering about all those stickers that it came with. I already removed all the warning stickers, but I was wondering if it's okay to remove the last remaining two. The first is a sticker located on the frame that indicates that the bike passes vehicle emissions standards of some sorts, and the second is on the swingarm and indicates tire pressures and such.

I'm pretty certain it's okay to remove them, but I just wanted to check to see what everyone else around here does.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Just leave the VIN plate and you'll be fine. The tire pressure sticker, take that one off carefully and stick it in your trunk. That way you'll still have the recommended tire pressures.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Treat them like the tags on mattresses. The one on tire pressures is optional and may depend on whether or not you can remember the numbers but they're in your owner's manual anyway.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Oh no! That's it biker boy you are going to Hell. Repent your evil sticker remover ways now.........

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Be careful Comrade, the Sticker Police troll this site regularly. You will find yourself banished to a re-education camp if you persist with such openly reckless behaviour.

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
Do you ride the new black sv650 thats gets parked at the edms bchydro building?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Those stickers are considered a stressed member, your swingarm may break but there's no sticker saying NOT to remove them so you can sue.

My first bike didn't even have the VIN sticker, it had come off when the owner was washing it (he gave me the fragments) but I never ran across anyone who cared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
p0rn.star said:
Do you ride the new black sv650 thats gets parked at the edms bchydro building?
That would probably be me.. yes..

And to everyone else, thanks for all the responses!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I wouldnt do it. I know a guy that took his stickers off and 3 days later he got dumped by his Girlfriend, then he got fired, then!!!!! worst of all in a split second of complete clarity he realized " awww fuck, I bought a Suzuki!!!!". Its bad Karma, keep em on!!!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I remove as many stickers as I possibly can off every bike I own.
Get Goo Gone from Canadian Tire (or any other parts store), and use it to remove the glue. Here's a tip: The five minutes it says on the bottle is bullshit for really old, stuck-on glue. Put it on, then walk away for 20-30 minutes. By the time you get back, the glue will come off as easy as a $5 hooker's panties. :D

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
You can remove the stickers from and SV no problem... but if you had a Kawi, you have to leave them on.

On a Kawi, the stickers hold the bike together :laughing

I

·
0 Posts
WOW, you guys kill me.
The recommended tire pressure depends on the tire manufacturer, not the factory tire settings. If you change the tires, the factory specs will change.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Thumper 8 said:
You can remove the stickers from and SV no problem... but if you had a Kawi, you have to leave them on.

On a Kawi, the stickers hold the bike together :laughing
Yeah, right.

I heard a story about a certain rider on this board, with a certain red VFR. He pulled the stickers off and the bike imploded. He had to replace almost every bodywork piece, and then tried to blame it all on someone backing up into his bike.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
SpideRider said:
I remove as many stickers as I possibly can off every bike I own.
Get Goo Gone from Canadian Tire (or any other parts store), and use it to remove the glue. Here's a tip: The five minutes it says on the bottle is bullshit for really old, stuck-on glue. Put it on, then walk away for 20-30 minutes. By the time you get back,
the glue will come off as easy as a $5 hooker's panties.
:D

where are there $5.00 hookers.....hey Bill wach ya doin later????

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
greenboy said:
Yeah, right.

I heard a story about a certain rider on this board, with a certain red VFR. He pulled the stickers off and the bike imploded. He had to replace almost every bodywork piece, and then tried to blame it all on someone backing up into his bike.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell ICBC

And check you PM's...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts