BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
ok, so what would you add to the ninja 1000 to get it to where you'd consider it a super sport tourer and how much weight do you think that would add. Then let me know how much it costs as i might consider one.
Cruise control, electric windscreen, bigger tank, and maybe an inch of wheelbase. It's not that it sucks, its just what do you move up to from a N1K. Connie? Been there, too big, impossible to spin in my garage, cant duck walk it, etc...........something in between

2015 K1300S - 560 lbs w/o bags. less than 600 with.
I always forget about that bike. Hope they update the bodywork soon....

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Original Pirate Material
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This bike interests me a lot..... R1200RS more touring than my current bike, but still somewhat sporty.

Read a number of reports that it's 'uninspired', that the R1200R w/ a bikini fairing is more fun if you must. Guy on the Z1000sx forums went from a Ninja 1k to an R1200RS and sorely regrets his decision. I gather you'll be bored coming from the Ape.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Read a number of reports that it's 'uninspired', that the R1200R w/ a bikini fairing is more fun if you must. Guy on the Z1000sx forums went from a Ninja 1k to an R1200RS and sorely regrets his decision. I gather you'll be bored coming from the Ape.
lots of guys on ADVriders love them, and the reviews i've read have been positive. But yes, coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.
coming from the Tuono, that could be said about MOST bikes! altho if this is a discussion about sport-tourers, you'd have to set the balance for the Tuono somewhere around sport - tourer , wouldn't you?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I always forget about that bike [K1300S] . Hope they update the bodywork soon....
agreed. well overdue! like the Bartender, I like the looks of the new R1200RS a lot, but the rest of the package just doesn't do it for me. wrap that 'style' around the K1300 'bones' and you'd have a total weapon! really easy-going at lower speeds, ridiculously powerful up top, superbly comfortable, great faring protection. the only 'dig' at it is that the longer wheelbase makes it a bit harder to fling around, but my buddy Jason can lap the Ridge on his K1300 within less than 10 seconds compared to his S1000RR.
the "gentleman's sportbike", for sure.

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
lots of guys on ADVriders love them, and the reviews i've read have been positive. But yes, coming from the Tuono would be a huge step down for the grin factor.
Yes, musn't forget the fun factor. FJ-9 is 456 lbs wet. Just strap a bag on the back and 3-2-1 blast-off to fun/sporty-touring.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts