BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/articles/06_FZ1_launch/index.html

Have you seen the touring package available for this thing yet? Very unique and possibly a new market opportunity for them.

Want to make your FZ1 into an FJR1000? Well, now you can have the ultimate sports sports-tourer with Yamaha’s optional full faring package and hard bags. The fairing comes with colour-matched side cowls and belly-pan, and the 30 litre hard-bags are also colour-matched, but do require a separate mounting kit.

Other accessories include a stand-along belly-pan, smoked screen, crash pucks, heated grips and that all-important resin tank pad.......

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts

Now THAT looks dope.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I love the full nakeds that you can't get here. Tatty is right it's dope.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Rip off the stock fairing and mount up your own headlights.... something that doesn't look like the chevron off a sargent's sleeve would be nice.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
TeeTee said:
Rip off the stock fairing and mount up your own headlights.... something that doesn't look like the chevron off a sargent's sleeve would be nice.

Looks like a different tail as well.

Hey Bruce I got a corbin off ebay! Bum loving goodness.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I love this pic from the article.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Cool looking bike, except for that huge muffler, which looks like a can that got run over.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Flow, that road is a dream come true.

There are a few sections like that on the Lumby to Needles ferry route.....you can see 5 or 6 curves ahead at a time and really have a spirited ride.

Yamaha is doing some interesting things lately (other than rpm corrections) and deserve credit for breaking away from the norm.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
This bike seems like an excellent marketing opportunity for them, providing the extras aren't priced too high.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
flyfishinwoman said:
Cool looking bike, except for that huge muffler, which looks like a can that got run over.
You may as well get used to it. It's the new style and pretty soon all the new bikes with sporting aspirations will have them.

The tail section on the full naked version IS different. Can't get any good side on shots but one I saw definetly shows the shorter version as per the yellow bike shot above. Meanwhile the one with the fairing gets the longer proper dual seat version. And that's the only one we are getting over here so you naked bike fans can all stop your drooling now....:D

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
lilfizzer said:
Ah, that neked version looks hot! Too bad, so sad, we don't get to see it on this side of the pond.

I read the article a little closer. Apparently they are still deciding whether or not to bring it in or not.

·
Registered
446 Posts
flowrider said:
I read the article a little closer. Apparently they are still deciding whether or not to bring it in or not.
You're absolutely right... I just finished reading the article, and it seems they might be bringing it in afterall.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
What I wonder is, should you buy all the accessories such as fairings and hard bags and larger windshield and a more comfortable seat, plus a few toys, how close in price are you going to be to an FJR1300?

I have a feeling that all decked out the new FZ1 will not be that much different in price than an FJR1300, but nowhere near as capable or integrated as a tourer, and maybe not that much different a performance envelope as the FJR1300 too.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Ever since Yamaha announced the 06 FZ1 I have been looking at it with interest. The european version that Tatoodles posted up is the one I am juiced about. I just wonder though about having R1 power on a naked sportbike I can just see people getting peeled off there bikes when their deathgrip on the handlebars looses hold after twenty sustained minutes of driving stoopid fast on them :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yup and I can see my 04 VFR being inferior to the European version in all the relevant comparable categories except ABS and vibration. I would expect a lot of new VFR’s to be collecting dust if the European version comes to Canada and does not cost more than the VFR.

Here is a better and more realistic review than the one already posted.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47883

1 - 20 of 20 Posts