2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
23,539 Posts
I know, really dig the idea of the VFR800.....funny, all the VFR loyalists whine and bitch when the VFR1200
came out....too much money, too heavy, too this, too that. Now the VFR800 re-launches, some new tech,
some traditional, yet sharp styling. lighter weight, and I hear the same bitching.....same old motor, same
old bike warmed over........damn, are Honda owners ever a bunch of bitches.....present company excluded!

Again, dig the new VFR! Those 650's look pretty great too. Hope some of it makes it to Canada eventually.

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
I like the new look of the VFR800 but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have underseat exhaust.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I know, really dig the idea of the VFR800.....funny, all the VFR loyalists whine and bitch when the VFR1200
came out....too much money, too heavy, too this, too that. Now the VFR800 re-launches, some new tech,
some traditional, yet sharp styling. lighter weight, and I hear the same bitching.....same old motor, same
old bike warmed over........damn, are Honda owners ever a bunch of bitches.....present company excluded!
Yep, they want a brand new space age feature packed bike that's faster lighter, better looking cheaper, comes with more storage and a bigger tank without loosing any features from the old bike and did I mention it has to be cheaper.

I wasn't a VFR fan to start so the 1200 was a winner to me.

·
23,539 Posts
I own one, so yeah I like it. I got the one at Carter they listed at 10K.
The one i rode was a 2010, brand new demo before many dealers had them, maybe made a few changes?

Specifically, the fueling/throttle in first gear, when attempting to roll on and pull the wheel up....totally neutered, messed up pause, not allowing full power at lower revs.

That drove me insane, and it sat in my garage for most of the week....chose my Vstrom for a rip through the Cascades and weekend in Osoyoos over that bike.

In fairness, i had no luggage on the VFR either, so was a compromise in more ways than one.

It was quick, refined, and appeared extremely well built......seat was brutal in hot weather though, ball cruncher.

With a better seat, perhaps risers, and maybe a PC or justhaving the fueling sorted, would like to try one again some day.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I have the DCT version so not sure if the fueling is the same. Found it runs like a freight train but with a couple caveats. I have a habit of trailing throttle and with no clutch that's not ideal and second don't blip when braking same thing, no clutch to slip.

I like the bars, would like the pegs higher and farther back.

Seat is OK (I am always OK on stock seats).

Added bags for sure. Realized touring with a backpack is for chumps.

·
41 over!
1,261 Posts
I like the look of it a lot. A true classic and if they price it right, (which they tend not to do) it would sell like hotcakes.

They should take a page out of Kawi's book. When you put a Ninja 1000 on the scale at $9,999, and a VFR at #13,999 it's a no brainer. I was a Honda guy for over 15 years: now not so much.

·
23,539 Posts
I like the look of it a lot. A true classic and if they price it right, (which they tend not to do) it would sell like hotcakes.

They should take a page out of Kawi's book. When you put a Ninja 1000 on the scale at $9,999, and a VFR at #13,999 it's a no brainer. I was a Honda guy for over 15 years: now not so much.
Keep in mind, the Ninja, for example, has an MSRP of $13,999.......Kawi just has a rep for dropping it's drawers over time on certain models, Honda not so much..

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
2014 Fireblade - Still no Traction Control

1 - 15 of 15 Posts