BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sweet! I was planning to do something like that to mind. But i've been too busy waxing my bike! How did you manage to do yours? Any metal cutting required?

F

·
0 Posts
i cant see it ,the giant signals are in the way,,

messing with ya dude , i actually like the r6 and i hate pretty much everything ,,but try for some smaller signals

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
on da bike?? no metal cutting,

but of course the piece itself took some cutting. boy wat a pain, that massive centre hole is the tricky one.

i used 1/8" galvanized steel. so its rigid n stiff.

i have a prototype, freebie to whoever has an 06 r6. just come n get it. needs a couple more holes drilled, that huge centre hole is still needed.

it was too short, the stock lights wounldnt mount, but if u have small aftermarket stocks then it would be perfect.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
borderline said:
i cant see it ,the giant signals are in the way,,

messing with ya dude , i actually like the r6 and i hate pretty much everything ,,but try for some smaller signals

punk. haha yah i know...eventually maybe small leds on the sides

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why said:
I'd like to see integrated taillights, so we don't even need the signals.

yah im gunna stick with these till clear alternative comes up with somethin. probably not till may or so

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
:laughing

Man did you run out of good drill bits and decide to chew those holes out or something?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrashTested said:
:laughing

Man did you run out of good drill bits and decide to chew those holes out or something?

haha yah i know...my biggest drill bit got bend. stupid crap bits from dewalt. so i had to chew it out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why said:

no i tried that way, its harder to get the mounting holes to line up perfectly straight, along with the turn signal mounts to be even. then worry about the whole thing fitting in the 2.5x2.5" hole, then weaken it by putting that huge 1.25" inch hole in the middle.

i put bends on the end of the license plate mount to mount my turn signals. license plate is about 6 inches long, so i went 9 inches long, then turned the last 11/2 inches in for the signal mounts. works easier. a lot less risk of getting it wrong n forcing it into the hole. i was able to make the mounting plate a lil smaller to stay away from da undertail.

heres mine

S

·
0 Posts
take the mudflap off completely and install an integrated taillight, take the fornt signals off and put on your fave set of flushmounts, take the mirrors off and run block offs, tinted screen, sliders, take off rear pegs, replace stock headlight bulbs with brighter ones, and don't forget to ditch the chainguard. that's the shit i would do right away for your bike. then to heighten the midrange grab a full system, graves stacks, and fuel it properly. would probably be a really outstanding bike with those things done. just a suggestion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ssblade said:
are ya gonna post up pics of every reflector you take off too?

is this necessary? I believe he just want to contribute to this forum in a positive manner.

take a chill man... :coffee

F

·
0 Posts
why said:
is this necessary? I believe he just want to contribute to this forum in a positive manner.

take a chill man... :coffee
i think he was refering to the 862 pictures of that same stock r6 from every angle imaginable already posted . everybody just hold hands and sing koombayah ....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts