BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of these would look sweet on the Strom. Stolen from another site:

From the OOFISHAL Tailgunner website. . . .

Increased Performance with Proprietary Variable Back Pressure®.

The Old Tradition:

Until now, straight pipes have allowed for an overall decrease in exhaust back pressure. This has provided better top end performance and a big bike sound. But often at the cost of poor low and mid range effectiveness and an earsplitting crack.

The Tailgunner® Solution:

Tailgunner® rotary cannon exhaust uses turbine induced Proprietary Variable Back Pressure. With an increase of back pressure at low rpm’s and reduced back pressure at high rpm's you get an overall increase in performance through the full power range. You also get a deep, resonant, throaty report that doesn't hurt the ear. No more sacrificing low and mid range performance for high end speed and great sound.

Dyno tested and performance proven: Dyno numbers coming soon.

Seen in action here.
http://www.tailgunnerexhaust.com/performance.php

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Now I just cannot take this seriously... A gatling gun muffler? I can see the looks at the border now! ! ! ! ! :D

I must admit to some curiosity though.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I love the gattling gun look. That would sure get a few quizzical looks. :D

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I wonder what kind of bearings it spins on, and how long they'd last You'd think that they would get as hot as turbo bearings and they need massive amounts of cool oil to live.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe this answers my question, but I have my doubts..
Be kinda wierd to have to lube your muffler, Now if they had Chrome Muffler Bearings I'd be all over it!

From the website...
Will the bearings last in the hot, carbon environment?

Tailgunner® models use two, high quality American shielded radial bearings designed to resist heat and corrosion. The have been operating in the field for 2 years without failure. We recommend lubricating the bearings with the hose tip of a synthetic spray every 8-10 hours of operation; the same recommendation as a drive chain.

Note : the bearings are not under a load, they are freewheeling.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
I still prefer my stock photon canon from my RR.

Undecided if I love or hate the gattling gun design.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
the harley boys will be all over that like a rottie on a steak. i can see it now, they'll be at all the lights reving the snot outta them engines, ''hey look a me''. as the light turns green, , Coolio blows them away on his supersonic ninja. tire weights and all.:laughing

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
the harley boys will be all over that like a rottie on a steak. i can see it now, they'll be at all the lights reving the snot outta them engines, ''hey look a me''. as the light turns green, , Coolio blows them away on his supersonic ninja. tire weights and all.:laughing
damn! that was funny Roger. :roflmao

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:
Well, I'll be damned. Muffler bearings!
Well.... there goes a perfectly good joke right up the ol' chimney.... :D

But just think. When you hear someone trying to pull the old muffler bearing joke on someone you can step in with your best Cliff Claven imitation and set them straight! :roflmao

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I can't believe I didn't see the muffler bearing bit! :laughing
I can't wait until the next time some fucking gearhead decides to be funny and mention a replacement of my muffler bearings. I'll whip out this webpage and shut 'em down!! :D

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Somehow I think these would look more in place on the back of a Civic in Richmond, than on the back of a motorcycle.

Although, a pair of them tucked up under the seat and counter-rotating might look kinda cool.

(Oh, and Kent, thank you for moving this somewhere that we could actually reply to it... :))

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
So... now there'll be a bunch of running bikes parked outside Starbucks?
Better to be enclosed, cleaning that would take a few days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts