BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a year ago that i had to put down my best buddy Riley the Rhodesian Ridgeback. I have decided to get a new puppy and I've downsized to a Boston Terrier. He's a killa!!! :laughing

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Cool looking pup!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
He looks angry!!!! I wanted a Doberman named Bruno.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good job man you're half way there, now all you have to do is get a leash and walk it around a park until some ladies see how caring and tender you are with animals. Make sure you get on this walking scheme fast, as when your puppy grows old and fat, they'll just think you fed it one too many landjaeger sausages.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone. i'm going to call him Bru, short for Bruin or my favorite beverage, Brew. here's a couple more pics. i've added a pic of Riley for old times.

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
he's so f'n CUTE....I've never seen a brindle Boston Terrier before! I've wanted one of those lil gus for so long, I had one when I was younger and she was awesome.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
New Dog is cute.... Riley looks like a pimp. BTW why did you have to put him down? old age? I think about my old dog all the time, we had him for 16 years I think. It was tough, I mean I grew up with him. Sad Sad Sad.

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
I think we all have heartbreaking dog stories. What's it like to go from big dog personality to little dog personality?

P.S Remember no one likes a wormy dog, deworm every three months (four times a year)!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PUREVIL said:
New Dog is cute.... Riley looks like a pimp. BTW why did you have to put him down? old age? I think about my old dog all the time, we had him for 16 years I think. It was tough, I mean I grew up with him. Sad Sad Sad.
Riley had to be put down way before his time. He had a really rare disease called Degenerative Mylopathy that essentially stopped his brain from sending signals to his rear legs. he slowly started to lose the motor functions in his legs. the best thing was he was in no pain and he still acted like a puppy cause he was only 6 years old but after he couldn't run his quality of life went downhill. He was a ripped 100lbs but couldn't move in the end. the best dog I ever owned.
this little guy i have now is a big dog in a small dogs body. he's very smart and funny, his snoring cracks me up. that's it for now. i'll post more pics when he gets bigger.

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Dude that is awesome, love the Boston's, I have one brindle as well and her name is Stella (after my favorite brew)

I just got a boston/pug cross as a companion for her...

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Nice dog, terriers are a lot of fun but there stuborn. Make sure you lay down the law and show him who's boss. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Cute f'n pup!!! Bru is a cool name, I like it

I'd love to get a doggie of my own, but I don't think I have the time for it... I'm not really home enough to properly raise and care for one... maybe someday :)

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
newfr1 said:
Riley had to be put down way before his time. He had a really rare disease called Degenerative Mylopathy that essentially stopped his brain from sending signals to his rear legs. he slowly started to lose the motor functions in his legs. the best thing was he was in no pain and he still acted like a puppy cause he was only 6 years old but after he couldn't run his quality of life went downhill. He was a ripped 100lbs but couldn't move in the end. the best dog I ever owned.
this little guy i have now is a big dog in a small dogs body. he's very smart and funny, his snoring cracks me up. that's it for now. i'll post more pics when he gets bigger.

Exact same thing happening to my dog Indy right now. I always thought being a Veterinary Technician I could do anything for him but feel helpless. It's the worst! When he started showing signs I think I was in denile, I did x-rays till we both glowed trying to find another reason and even tried accupuncture. I can sympathize and its great to see you have healed enough to get another great friend!

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Very nice BT. But I have to ask... when is the other one coming? I had a Boston when I was very young... loved that guy. I am considering 2 Bostons after Abba's (my Amstaff) time. Hopefully not too soon.

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
hmmm ... my friend's dog had some disease where his back legs didn't work... he'd drag them around. and then they raised money to get him some specially made cart on wheels for his back end ... he liked that.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Tuggin at my heart strings!!! Gosh I want a dog...!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts