BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The New Rider Q&A forum has been getting rather crowded with sticky posts. To streamline the forum and improve readability, this single post will be "stickied" and posts which would otherwise have been made a sticky will be linked here for easy access.

If you find yourself reading a thread that you think has exceptional value to a new rider and should be added, please feel free to post a link to it here and recommend it for the New Rider FAQ.

<-- Useful New Rider Q&A threads -->

Best Beginner bike ... once and for all

Shopping for an older first bike

So you've decided to buy your first bike, but don't know which

Class 6 Road Test pointers

Reminders for a Safer Spring

Tips for riding once the weather turns colder

How to be a motorcycle passenger

Tips to stay alive on the road this summer

New rider rides, suggestions and guidelines

How do I store my bike for winter?

The Dangers of Riding Categorized

Motorcycle Skills Assessment procedure. Know before you go!

Monday Night Noob Friendly ride

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
I suggest 'how to store your bike' be added.
Maybe the a) as in 'anal retentive' method.
b) as in be 'back on the road in 2-3 months' method
c) as in 'couldn't give a shit about my bike' lazy minimal method

The reason I suggest this is stalling bikes (gummed carbs, bad gas) are more hazardous to new riders.

·
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I did a 'Reminders for a safer spring' that Tee Tee put in 'Articles, after he added some goodies. Some of those articles should be linked here, or maybe stear our new friends to the Articles section....
Just a thought.
Good idea Bernie. 'Reminders for a safer spring' link added :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do I store my bike for winter?

Thats a good read. Getting ready this week to take the gixxer of the road and putter to sleep for the winter.

Thanks for that!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where do you get best dual sport helmet, the ones that looks like a off road helmet but with a visor. That is also not too pricey.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have seen the term ATGATT used before. I understand what it stands for. But what would someone consider as "All The Gear"? What would be a good start for someone who wants to get all the gear. Currently I have riding gloves, riding boots, a leather jacket (no padding/armour) and jeans.

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
I have seen the term ATGATT used before. I understand what it stands for. But what would someone consider as "All The Gear"? What would be a good start for someone who wants to get all the gear. Currently I have riding gloves, riding boots, a leather jacket (no padding/armour) and jeans.
Is the leather jacket bike specific? Your jeans, are they kevlar lined (ride specific jeans)?

For me at the minimum when I ride, I have my helmet, gloves, boots, a textile jacket and kevlar jeans (ie. draggin, shift, etc).

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
Maybe add this to the list? The Bike Cornering Bible, aka Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist II.
Extremely helpful video ..

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Is there any way to update links in the original post by one of the admins. In last several years there have been a lot of good posts that new riders should read and that should be added to the original message. I know that we can just add them in here as a new message, but that would make it messy in the end.

·
23,539 Posts
Is there any way to update links in the original post by one of the admins. In last several years there have been a lot of good posts that new riders should read and that should be added to the original message. I know that we can just add them in here as a new message, but that would make it messy in the end.
Post them here, and I can add them above if they are relevant, or feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Needed full class 6 rider to get me to my test in Langley, meet at 210a n 56.:/my skills teat is at 9:55, need to be there 20 prior so meet around 9 thanks for helping me remain in the limits of the laws..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts