BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just want to say hello to the BCSB community and introduce myself.

I had no riding experience at all (with a motor), so I did the sensible thing, and went through proper training with a riding school. Passed my Class 6 almost 4 weeks ago now, and have been riding almost daily since. (3000km and counting :D)

As my 1st bike, I got a 01' SV650S (I know...250cc riders, it's too good a deal to pass when I saw it on CL) At first I was a bit concern about the power and extra weight (our school uses the Super Sherpa and Ninja 250 as trainers) and tried to do my homework by reading reviews online (eg. svrider.org, motorcycle.com, etc.) and get as much info as I can before taking it for a spin.

But when I did finally went out with the bike for the first time, I can't believe how nimble and smooth it is!! Loving every minute of it.

Also want to say hello to all SV riders on this forum. Look forward to meeting and learning from you guys!

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
Welcome! I had an 05 SV as my first bike .... great machines to learn on, and when you get fast, great machines to track with!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cvrle1: I have the full fairing 1st gen in Black, was looking for the naked version, but again, too good a deal for this one!!

T-rex: so I heard from my co-worker. He is trying to convince me to join him on the upcoming Pitt Meadows Track day :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw, are there any weekly SV group rides?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome, RZ10. I've got an SV too (2nd gen) and I love it. It's my first and only bike - had it since '05! It's reliable and has all the pep I need. Not a super fast bike, but torquey and fun.

Hope you enjoy your SV as much as I enjoy mine. Have a great summer of riding!

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
Hey WELCOME!

Another SV rider here. Used to have a '99 (first gen I think) .... great bike.

Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Just curious, how many km is on your SV?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks cvrle1. I've been reading up on SV riders from oil changes to naked conversions :p, wealth of resources there for sure.

Though.. getting parts locally is not as easy as I thought.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
:flip :flip Welcome to BCSB! :flip :flip Good choice on the SV, I test rode one for a buddy a few years back...was pretty impressed with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How's the GSX 750 treating you? I want to eventually get one (next season?) or an R6 :cool

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just passed 50,000 on mine over the long weekend! loving the weather and the bike!

Squamish, Harrison, Mission, Duffey Lake Loop, Mt. Baker, what else is out there? :p

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Just passed 50,000 on mine over the long weekend! loving the weather and the bike!

Squamish, Harrison, Mission, Duffey Lake Loop, Mt. Baker, what else is out there? :p
Sunshine coast I heard has some good roads. Chia has few more routes in the Duffy loop thread you just replied in as well (down in US)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts