BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
"The body may heal... but the mind is not always so resilient." The psychological factor in something that like can be life altering and it can affect those around you in ways that you may never expect. I don't think most take in to account how something like loosing an arm or leg can really affect their life, to much about just enjoying themselves and trying to show off to bring their little egos up.
+2. To cover another point about showing off, OP, remember that showing off doesn't necessarily mean someone's gotta be around to see it. You can simply just be showing off to yourself and riding beyond your current skill level.

Hahaha bare minimum better than nothing.:coffee
True... I'd rather have minimum gear and be bruised and banged up than not have any protection and loose a limb. At least I still have a fighting chance to stay protected with all limbs intact.

Pete, how's that s1000rr treating you? Last time we rode the s2s, all I saw was the bike's rear end... hahaha... ridiculously fast bike. When we got to squish, you guys hogged all the closest starbucks parking stalls.... lol

·
Smile. :)
1,145 Posts
+2. To cover another point about showing off, OP, remember that showing off doesn't necessarily mean someone's gotta be around to see it. You can simply just be showing off to yourself and riding beyond your current skill level.

True... I'd rather have minimum gear and be bruised and banged up than not have any protection and loose a limb. At least I still have a fighting chance to stay protected with all limbs intact.

Pete, how's that s1000rr treating you? Last time we rode the s2s, all I saw was the bike's rear end... hahaha... ridiculously fast bike. When we got to squish, you guys hogged all the closest starbucks parking stalls.... lol
True skill of a rider is being able to control ones self in a manner which is appropriate.

Well I've taken a crash a while ago... glad I had my jacket which I bought at Bayside less than 15 minutes before, went down on some gravel and bailed at about 40km, I had my jacket, gloves and boots on and only walked away with a slightly scrapped forearm and a bruise on my hip. Lesson learned... GEAR SAVES YOU FROM A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN!

Not bad not bad she's sitting right now wanting to ride but I might wait till April or maybe late March to bring her back on the road. :p My bikes rear end is sexy and you know it! ahahahaha!
How's the CBR 600RR doing? Last I remember was you pulling up after I already got my frappacino or what ever the heck I get at Starbucks.:devillook Hahahahaha! Well once the season get's going let's get some riding down but this year I might be taking it a bit more easier... not in the mood for tickets and I might be carrying a backpack for the newbie plastics.:evilgrin

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
Thanks, and yeah im tryna get a job so i can buy leather pants got the rest already :tredmill
I know how you feel with the expenses for gear piling up pretty quickly. Just remember you have other choices as well and their prices differ quite a bit. While leather is great, you don't necessarily need to spend $$$$$ just to get a pair.

1. Textile Pants
2. Leather or Leather "overpants"
3. Kevlar lined jeans
4. Bohn Impact Armour

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I know how you feel with the expenses for gear piling up pretty quickly. Just remember you have other choices as well and their prices differ quite a bit. While leather is great, you don't necessarily need to spend $$$$$ just to get a pair.

1. Textile Pants
2. Leather or Leather "overpants"
3. Kevlar lined jeans
4. Bohn Impact Armour
yeaah but i already have a rs taichi jacket so might as well get a leather pants to match it also :)

·
+1
2,281 Posts
Be sure to keep them minty for the "how to pose in leathers" forum.

Good on you for covering all your bases from the get-go.

·
+1
2,281 Posts
If you thought that set of gear was expensive just wait until you buy your hot, cold, and waterproof accessories or sets of gear :surrender

It never ends.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
If you thought that set of gear was expensive just wait until you buy your hot, cold, and waterproof accessories or sets of gear :surrender

It never ends.
yeaah i bought a pair of tecknic chicane booots and rode in the rain thought it would be waterproof and than in the end my boots were filled up to my ankle .. :surrender

·
Registered
891 Posts
New rider here as well. I didn't wanna start a new thread, so I'll do it here.

I'm down to ride starting next week as long as it's not pissing rain/snowing. It doesn't have to be a super dry pavement.

I don't try to push limits. Never really did that in my life so don't worry about me being reckless and going into the Rhubarb as CoolDaddy said. Just PM me with your contact info and I'll contact you guys whenever I'm free to ride.

Warning: Don't PM me if you don't want me asking you to ride every week ahaha

·
Registered
118 Posts
Uncomfortable is only a mindset if you ask me, I've done mid day summer time heat wearing my full Alpinestars suit and not given a damn...
Oh No!! just when I finally got that image of Pete in his A* suit out of my head. Thanks a lot, I just threw up again. JK buddy. Will see you out there on more posted rides

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm thinking of getting kevlar jeans from Bayside. I'm not too sure yet. I hate the thought of putting on two layer of pants. Tehcnically, it would be three because I've started wearing leg warmers lol

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.