BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post for me. I recently purchased a 1996 GSXR 750 SRAD. The bike is quite clean for its age and is red/black/silver, which is a rare colour scheme. The bike has after market turn signals, rear sets and swing arm spools. Rest of bike is stock as far as I can see. The bike had not run since 2013 and was stored with old gas and no stabilizer, so it ran poorly. Cleaned the carbs, petcock, drained/flushed fuel tank, rebuilt front fork that was leaking, lubed chain and adjusted tension, changed all fluids and plugs. Bike is now running well. I cleaned up the scuffs on the fairings and muffler and added missing decals. Applied for and obtained ICBC collector status for the bike. I still need to do a proper carb sync, valve clearance check/adjustment, and add the missing side stand switch. I've also ordered an aftermarket bolt on exhaust and brake pads which I haven't received yet.

What a blast this bike is to ride on. My other bike is a 2018 Yamaha R3, which I love. But obviously, the SRAD has significantly more power and it a totally different animal (literally!).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to interacting with some of you.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
First post for me. I recently purchased a 1996 GSXR 750 SRAD. The bike is quite clean for its age and is red/black/silver, which is a rare colour scheme. The bike has after market turn signals, rear sets and swing arm spools. Rest of bike is stock as far as I can see. The bike had not run since 2013 and was stored with old gas and no stabilizer, so it ran poorly. Cleaned the carbs, petcock, drained/flushed fuel tank, rebuilt front fork that was leaking, lubed chain and adjusted tension, changed all fluids and plugs. Bike is now running well. I cleaned up the scuffs on the fairings and muffler and added missing decals. Applied for and obtained ICBC collector status for the bike. I still need to do a proper carb sync, valve clearance check/adjustment, and add the missing side stand switch. I've also ordered an aftermarket bolt on exhaust and brake pads which I haven't received yet.

What a blast this bike is to ride on. My other bike is a 2018 Yamaha R3, which I love. But obviously, the SRAD has significantly more power and it a totally different animal (literally!).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to interacting with some of you.

View attachment 146402
That's a beauty.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
wow! truly a blast from the past. enjoy...

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,551 Posts
Applied for and obtained ICBC collector status for the bike.
That's awesome. Nice GSXR750 man.
Was out riding a couple days ago and saw some collector plates on an older BMW... Which got me thinking the original 1998 R1 is gonna be 25 years in a few months, was wondering if anyone would try for collector plates on one, but looks like your Suzuki got there first. Very kool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's awesome. Nice GSXR750 man.
Was out riding a couple days ago and saw some collector plates on an older BMW... Which got me thinking the original 1998 R1 is gonna be 25 years in a few months, was wondering if anyone would try for collector plates on one, but looks like your Suzuki got there first. Very kool.
Thanks. Yes that 1998 R1 will be eligible this January. If one can live with the usage restrictions associated with collector status (pleasure use only - cannot be used to commute to work/school), it's well worth it. The insurance for my GSXR 750 is $170 for the year.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Thanks. Yes that 1998 R1 will be eligible this January. If one can live with the usage restrictions associated with collector status (pleasure use only - cannot be used to commute to work/school), it's well worth it. The insurance for my GSXR 750 is $170 for the year.
I’ve got 6 bikes on a multi vehicle collector plate, $510 a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts