BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Look up, Way up
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im from Penticton, looks like im getting into the sport this year.

Im going to get a cheapy for a few months (at least a season anyway) befor moving up to an f4i. Also doing the course at the safety council in Kelowna coming up in the spring, and am thinking about buying a bike from someone one the site.

Spare me the "wait for a couple years first" speach... Im to addicted :coffee to wait that long. I have a plan and am hoping to NOT kill myself on a bike.

Any thought, or bike offers? Im looking for anything to start on really. Then I will (provided I dont hate sportbikes (wich I dont, I may have snuck a ride or 2 on a buddy's f4i)) be in the market for an f4i.

Cole

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
0.o

i didn't go with a cheap old bike the first time around i went starit for a f4i lol. then again im not to smart, but the bike is very easy to learn, just got to take it slow dood. like real slow at first, like praticing in parking lots and shit. Thats what i did first, now im going to PRS (pacific riding school) to get the rest of my training.
if you have the money, great, buy a cheap old bike first for sure, if you dont, just take the school it will teach you all you need to know, unless your an idiot like me and just hop on the bike the first day you get it and go riding lol

·
Look up, Way up
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Im an idiot, but I value my life. I was thinking that, but I am planning on taking the course befor I have the cash for an F4i.

Im trying to go about this the right way, and feel im going about it right. I also have been looking at some of the bikes for sale here. WAY cheaper than in the paper etc. I have mechanic friends on the coast if I need a bike looked at, and have many here to.

I have to finish paying off my Pilots lisence first, then I have some cash to blow.

Cole

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where are you flying out of Cole? I got my licence out of Pacific Flying Club in Boundary Bay but since then I've gone from one throttle to another and now I'm hooked on my r6 :)

And from one newbie to another, welcome to the community :lurking

·
Registered
622 Posts
welcom cole. I'm pretty new too (less than a season). My only advice is to take a reputable training course. Seriously worth the money. Even if you are a super co-ordinated type of guy who is a super fast learner. take the course, make some new friends and pick up the "safe and hella fun" attitude..and remember, get out there and keep the shiny side up. :coffee

·
Look up, Way up
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Penticton, CYYF, Southern Skies Aviation. One of my instructors trained IFR in BB. Not done yet though. Soon, and Ill get a bike to boot.

Cole

N

·
0 Posts
Darkcbr said:
what no fingers yet?
:flip :flip :flip
Heres some more
:flip :flip :flip :flip :flip :flip

You can take the school first and then decide if you are ready for an f4i or still need more practice.
Remember to get good gear, preferably prior to getting any bike...

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
:flip Welcome to BCSB :flip

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
:flip :flip :flip :flip Welcome to BCSB from one Pilot to the next! haha :flip :flip :flip :flip

Don't be such a chicken....get an older R6, Gixxer 600, CBR 600 F2/F3 etc....no POS bikes! They are just going to cost you mega bucks to keep them reliable...

Pete

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Welcome aboard!
:flip :flip

·
poser
278 Posts
welcome Cole!!! My cousin took the kelowna safty council course and said it was really great! (that was a few years ago though) But i'm sure it hasn't changed that much...
see you on the road!! we always have lots of rides going on up here, newbies always welcome !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts