BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey friends, i have just moved to Cadboro Bay in Victoria and now have my bike with me too. I have done a small bit of solo riding in the area but i don't know anybody or any good routes. the season is coming and i'd like to make some acquaintances. PM me or drop me an email at [email protected]. Cheers!

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Hope to see ya once in awhile at the usual spot at Pitt lake sometime ...Ride safe on the island Darrin:thumbup

I know the island routes very well, but behind the wheel of large trucks. lots of enjoyable roads on the island. Maybe when the weather gets warm again I'll make a day trip on the ferry and we can head out for a good rip there

K

·
0 Posts
bike night?is that everyone welcome or invite only?.im a fairly new rider and am looking for some people to ride with as well.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Pick up a copy of Destination Highways, the British Columbia version. It's available at most motorcycle shops and worth it's weight in gold for those into serious touring or anyone wanting to know where the best roads are for motorcycling all over the North West.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
kenneth900 said:
bike night?is that everyone welcome or invite only?.im a fairly new rider and am looking for some people to ride with as well.
Bike night is for everyone and anyone. Sportbike, metric cruiser, harley, chopper, scooter - all welcome. But it's primarliy sportbikes that show up. People usually head out for a ride from there after sitting around for 20-30 mins eating dinner. Show up and you're bound to meet some new people.

Darren, I live about 10 minutes from you in Cordova Bay.

·
retired panda racer...~_~
740 Posts
I just got back from victoria... sure glad that storm's over....
if i was going to be in canada the rest of the year, i'd definitely spend a lot of time in victoria...

my favourite is up near durance lake and highlands... it's so close... yet is up in the mountains

if memory serves me...
these are two of the routes i used to take.
(just don't go there when it's dark... as their may be cars going through at high speeds)
The two maps start at Royal Oak (Go up HWY7 and take the royal oak exit... or just follow Quadra north)
The upper map is a loop, the lower one comes out in highlands near the racetrack (or you can take other routes in the area to come out at Goldstream Park)

but note, i just threw these together quickly from memory... hopefully i didn't take a wrong turn somewhere :p
Also, worth noting... the first part the roads are so-so... but once you get to highlands municipality... the road are all smoothly paved...

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWEET!! thanks for the fast responses :rockon
Keep em comin :coffee

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alternateimpact said:
Hope to see ya once in awhile at the usual spot at Pitt lake sometime ...Ride safe on the island Darrin:thumbup

I know the island routes very well, but behind the wheel of large trucks. lots of enjoyable roads on the island. Maybe when the weather gets warm again I'll make a day trip on the ferry and we can head out for a good rip there
Hey man, i still have a house in maple ridge. i love riding out there and will come back there alot during weekends. also, i plan to track my 750 and pick up the 05 or 06 gsxr1k for my street ride, so i will be heading to mission this year :rockon

·
Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy.
631 Posts
alternateimpact said:
Hope to see ya once in awhile at the usual spot at Pitt lake sometime
Ditto to that :) Riding out to Pitt Lake on those warm summer nights was awesome. Best viewpoint for star-gazing. Hope to see you out there again.

Have fun in Victoria. Good luck Darren, in whatever endeavour brings you out there :thumbup

Jess :flashy

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dazeegirl said:
Ditto to that :) Riding out to Pitt Lake on those warm summer nights were awesome. Best viewpoint for star-gazing. Hope to see you out there again.

Have fun in Victoria. Good luck Darren, in whatever endeavour brings you out there :thumbup

Jess :flashy
Haha! yeah those were awesome times! all those tim horton donuts or muffins, not to mention bugs in summer. I word of warning, don't ride to pitt lake at dusk, it's gross.(especially without full gear). I'll be back lots though. I need my fixes like the ride to Harrison. love those twisties. Keep in touch, Victoria is really only like 24km away I think,LOL :rockon

·
Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy.
631 Posts
No, no...the bugs weren't the problem. Remember,...it was the asthmatic bullfrogs?!!! Now THEY had issues. HAHAHA...too funny. (LOL just thinkin' about it) :laughing

A night like tonight would be absolutely breathtaking....the skies are clear and the stars are so vivid. Too bad it's just too freakin' cold out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts