BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
File 2016-01-29, 9 01 39 PM.jpg

Had an off 5 months ago on my WR250R. Although there was hardly any damage, the insurance company chose to write it off. I assume it's for liability reasons.

Since I use my bike for "work" purposes, it kind off made more sense to purchase a new bike so we now have a Beta 500RS in the family. The 2016 comes with EFI and GPS. We added a Rekluse clutch and a larger tank for the bush roads. I really don't know much about dirt bikes but this looks like it's very nicely built.

So, I'll be putting up the 250 for sale once I get new handle bars and controls. Looking forward to get the new Beta out for a ride!

Cheers,

·
Registered
510 Posts
View attachment 135402

Had an off 5 months ago on my WR250R. Although there was hardly any damage, the insurance company chose to write it off. I assume it's for liability reasons.

Since I use my bike for "work" purposes, it kind off made more sense to purchase a new bike so we now have a Beta 500RS in the family. The 2016 comes with EFI and GPS. We added a Rekluse clutch and a larger tank for the bush roads. I really don't know much about dirt bikes but this looks like it's very nicely built.

So, I'll be putting up the 250 for sale once I get new handle bars and controls. Looking forward to get the new Beta out for a ride!

Cheers,
PM me when you get your WR all ready for sale, i'll likely be first in line! good looking Beta too!

·
South Park Studios
129 Posts
Sweet Bike! I'm in the same boat.
How do you find parking and security? Do you use a chain lock? does your bike have an ignition key?

I'm in DT Vancouver so parkades can be sketchy

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Sweet Bike! I'm in the same boat.
How do you find parking and security? Do you use a chain lock? does your bike have an ignition key?

I'm in DT Vancouver so parkades can be sketchy
I am in same boat as you. I park both of mine behind my car/van (2 spots, one for each bike and vehicle) Knock on wood we never had issues with breakins in our building. There are a lot of bikes in this building, about 2 dozen for sure. There is also bike only parking in visitor spots, so usually about 8 bikes are parked there. To me that is insurance of sort, as if someone wanted mine, they would have go pass by all the other bikes, as mine are on very last level of 3 story garage. I have alarm lock on the wheel that would wake the dead if triggered. it all depends on the building. Get theft insurance and thats the main thing really. If someone wants it, they will take it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not an issue in my case, the bike is tucked in my garage. The bike does not have an ignition key but there is a key to lock the steering column.

I certainly wouldn't rely on it for safety in a sketchy location; the bike is so light that 2 guys could literally run away with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts