BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this may sound retarded but it just came to me. i'm looking to get my fiance a jacket and helmet for her bday in the spring. she's away at school in calgary so when she comes home for her reading break in february i'm gonna get her to try on some jackets and see waht size she is so i can wait for em to come up on here or on ebay for cheaper. now my question is. are mens and womens jackets different? i'm just curious as to if womens jackets gave a bit extra room for their chests? or is it just something they have to deal with? thanks.

dave

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
docholiday said:
i know this may sound retarded but it just came to me. i'm looking to get my fiance a jacket and helmet for her bday in the spring. she's away at school in calgary so when she comes home for her reading break in february i'm gonna get her to try on some jackets and see waht size she is so i can wait for em to come up on here or on ebay for cheaper. now my question is. are mens and womens jackets different? i'm just curious as to if womens jackets gave a bit extra room for their chests? or is it just something they have to deal with? thanks.

dave
They are very different. Guys' jackets are cut much wider across the shoulders and much straighter in the torso. Girls' jackets are narrower in shoulders and waist, and I suppose there is a little room for boobs. I doubt you'd find a guy's jacket in a small enough size for her anyway, let alone one that fits a female figure.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. now just to find out her size and wait for the right one to come along.

·
Bitey things are niceless
342 Posts
I just got my wife a new jacket. We got her a men's jacket just 'cause the price was right, and it turns out she fit's an extra small in mens, but she'd be a medium, or maybe even a large in women's depending on the cut.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
In most cases, men's extra small = women's medium. I got an men's xs joe rocket on ebay for cheap, works well with the ladies.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool cool. well i'll have to go and check em out when she gets in. thanks again guys.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I still like to see a waistline on a woman when geared up though. You will probably lose that with a mens jacket. My girlfriend got a joe rocket trixie set up at the show, I must admit it was nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts