BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newb Karma Draw - Boots

This time last year I bought a pair of Gaerne Sequoias, size 42 (8.5-9). I wore them for about 3 months, but they were too narrow, in the toe area, for my feet and uncomfortable off the bike. They are relatively unscathed, and free.

Sure they're not Verts but they come with the following marketing speak:

"SEQUOIA is Gaerne’s distinctive new leather touring/cruiser boot with a strong, rugged look. The exclusive “Dry Tech” lining makes this boot waterproof while remaining breathable.
This boot slips on easily and features an internal heel mold for rigidity. The sole is made of sure-grip rubber with a steel shank."

Now to the meat of the matter, post up (reply to this thread) if you're a new rider in Canada and interested, and on Monday I will draw a name from a hat, and the boots go to the winner. Beyond newb status & residence, there are no other strings attached.

Should the winner be in the Lower Mainland we can arrange a pick-up, should the winner be outside the Lower Mainland, they go snail mail.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I think he said NEW rider, racerboy88. If you've had an R1 stolen in the past, you aren't a new rider. :)

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpideRider said:
I think he said NEW rider, racerboy88. If you've had an R1 stolen in the past, you aren't a new rider. :)
Too true. I'm trying to help out a NEW rider, continuing a fine tradition on this forum of passing on appropriate, if not current, gear to the newbs.

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only two responses, so far. I know that they're not super slick, but they are good boots.

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RavenR1 said:
Biking community needs more ppl like you! Good job!:thumbup
I'm just doing something that I've seen here in the past. We often see new riders on this site looking for guidance/assistance, and this is my way of helping out. When I got back into riding last year, I got a lot of good feedback from people on this forum and others; not to mention great role models like Julia Sit.

I may ride a "geezer" bike, but I would like more riders, of any kind, to ride safe(ly) and to protect themselves. The only squid I want to see is on my calamari plate.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Good for you Kromedome! And don't be dismayed at the low reply count. I didn't get much more than you are for the jackets and helmet I gave away. At least you know that if someone is looking for gear like this you're letting them ride safer than if they could not afford to get it at all.

If all we ever see out of this is ONE post that says....

I want to say thanks to RacyRider for providing the jacket/helmet/boots/etc that just saved me from a super bad road rash. Just look at this thing! It's a MESS, but I'm OK thanks to it.....
... then it's all worthwhile. Keep spreading the karma....

·
Driving People Crazy
211 Posts
Don't be discouraged by the low response. You have to be a new rider with size 42 feet. I'm a new rider with size 38 feet :( and I could really use some new boots because I left mine out where my dog thought they were rawhide.

Thanks for your effort!

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, for the positive feedback. I'm not discouraged, and will be going ahead with the draw tomorrow evening.

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the winner is...

Remy!

Five names went into the helmet and Remy came out the winner. Now all he has to do is coordinate the pick up with me.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Remy?... coordinate?

sounds like trouble already :laughing ... j/k

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Remy said:
oh

i have boots now i can go to PRS now with lol :D
Since Remy has trouble reading :D I've had to do another draw, mikeiscool is the new lucky winner. Hopefully he does wear a size 42 (8.5-9). :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts