BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oi!!!!!! It's customary for newbies to buy everyone a virtual drink on their first post where I come from. So the card's behind the bar, drop your bike keys with the Bartender and a big truck will be here to drive your bike and yourself home. A Guinness truck:D

So how long has this forum been around?

I like this place, the layout is the same as my "home" forum:D

Oh ya. Nicky Haydon kicked some serious butt yesterday......on an RC-51:D Almost 200 mph down the straights:D :D :D :happysq

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Welcome!! :flip

Ya, Nicky tore it up yesterday, that was great.. to bad Gobert couldn't make it.. I'd really like to see him do well, but at least he got on the podium (sp?). Apparently one of Nicky's contacts popped out in the last few laps of the race and he was having a hard time consintrating.. you can read about it on the AMA site.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad about Miguel:( Was hoping it would be him at the flag. Kurtis Roberts isn't too smart. Cooking his tire early:rolleyes

I think the Go-Show is probably the most talented rider out there. Should be fun when he and Maladin start going at it. They hate each other from the Australian days:p

The WSB looks like it's going to be boring. The Japanese seem to be concentrating on GP and it's going to be a Ducati parade in WSB.

I was going to ride down to Laguna this year but might cancel that to go to Sears Point for AMA racing instead.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
:flip ahoy hoy :flip

I agree, WSB is getting boring. Its just a battle between Ducati and Honda, with the others behind them. It'll get better when the 1000cc inline fours get to compete, but until then, it's really not much of a fair fight.

I think the Supersport racing this year is gonna be excellent. The race at daytona on friday was awesome! :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, the 600 racing in AMA and the support series in WSB is probably the closest road racing around. I liked it when Reuben Xaus was racing the R6. It was like mx racing into the corners, elbows and knees flying!!! Sort of like hockey on wheels:D

Also, if you get the chance, go to Portland for Super Motard racing.
Lurid slides, a jump, monster wheelies. It's great entertainment.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Dirtybill said:
Ya, the 600 racing in AMA and the support series in WSB is probably the closest road racing around. I liked it when Reuben Xaus was racing the R6. It was like mx racing into the corners, elbows and knees flying!!! Sort of like hockey on wheels:D

Also, if you get the chance, go to Portland for Super Motard racing.
Lurid slides, a jump, monster wheelies. It's great entertainment.
:) LawnMower racing is also great entertainment :) those guys would be bumping and sliding around turns into each other :) they used to show it on Speedvision, haven't seen it in over a year now :(

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Dirtybill said:
LOL! Lawnmower racing:D Maybe they could come over to my place to practise.
Really it's that good. It is so much like Mario Kart on the SNES and N64.... I mean it really :) :laughing

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
:flip WELCOME:flip ....Dirtybill

Twas a good race, I think I would have dropped a load if my tire delaminated on the fastest portion of the track:eek . I would have like to have seen the outcome if Kurtis didn't loss his rear.

atom

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
welcome to the site:flip

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got no allegiance to any brand. Whomever makes the bike for me is who I buy from. Dealer preference has had a lot to do with it also.

I don't care for Suzukis but my DR is bullet proof and I wouldn't mind a Gixxer 1000. Rode my friend's Gix in the UK and was very impressed. Finish and quality of build are still a ? though. Now I've heard that some of the Gixx1000s have had transmission problems. Could be due to "rider error" though.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Dirtybill said:
[BNow I've heard that some of the Gixx1000s have had transmission problems. Could be due to "rider error" though. [/B]
I know what you mean....being on SBN I've heard countless stories of 2nd going away on thw 2000/750's.....:confused . I've never had any problem with 2nd (knock on wood). But then again, I don't mash on the gears.

You've got one hell of a stable there Dirtybill. Looks like your set for anything.

atom

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
atomlowe said:

I know what you mean....being on SBN I've heard countless stories of 2nd going away on thw 2000/750's.....:confused . I've never had any problem with 2nd (knock on wood). But then again, I don't mash on the gears.

atom
I think the only people with those problems are the ones who wheelie there brand new gixxer out of the showroom for 2+ miles down the road.... then there bike spends 80% of it's time facing towards the sky than down the road :) :laughing

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

I think the only people with those problems are the ones who wheelie there brand new gixxer out of the showroom for 2+ miles down the road.... then there bike spends 80% of it's time facing towards the sky than down the road :) :laughing

Nah I think it's a design and workmanship flaw :D :roflmao :flashy

just kidding....just kidding....teasing ya purposely Canadian Gixxer....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Human said:

Nah I think it's a design and workmanship flaw :D :roflmao :flashy

just kidding....just kidding....teasing ya purposely Canadian Gixxer....
well Kawi's would have that problem plus many more, but they dont have enough power to get them big heavy front end up :laughing :laughing :flashy

ahh, I love crackin jokes with my kawi brothas :) :laughing let's team up and get those honda boys :) :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well. for what it's worth, Yorick has 11000 miles on his 1000 now and the horn went on it.:rolleyes He raced for 8 years and frequently does track days with his buddy Paddyx (everyone has nicknames there). Paddyx has an R1 and has also done some club racing. Other than the horn, Yorick's bike runs like a watch.

Apparently the Gix really comes into it's own on the track. Both of them have said there's not a big difference between the 2 bikes on the road as the road itself is the limiting factor. If it's wet out, then Paddyx has the advantage on the road and track.

Over there, they call the sportbike rider with matching leathers, helmet etc. "Power Rangers". Yorick has gone 1 step further and jokingly calls himself "Super Power Ranger" :D while Paddyx calls himself "The Rain God":D :D cos he can leave Yorick in wet conditions. As you can see, they don't take themselves too seriously.
Must be nice to do a track day at Donington, Mallory and some of the other historic tracks. If only motorsport was half as popular here

:mad

Oh, I forgot, Yorick had a ZX-9 before the Gixxer. 2 transmission jobs:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts