BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good job! Looks like you haven't been around too long and it's kickin' off to a great start. I'm jealous that you have the weather to pretty much ride all year long... although everyday is a sunny day in Calgary! :) (the fact that it might be minus 20 and snow covered has no bearing!)

We were able to get out riding a couple times, my first day out was Feb 17th. :)

We've put together a similar site in the fall for Calgary Area ryders... hopefully once the weather turns nice we can spread the word.

Stop by and say hello sometime.


www.groundpilots.com
 

·
Resident Banana
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
:flip WELCOME:flip ...to the board RcKeTGrL.

The sites only been up for a few weeks and we're getting close to 100 members. We've had some group rides already and are gearing up for the season. I've heard of groundpilots through SBN and its pretty cool. There was a group that was thinking of coming out this way in the summer from Calgary, are you with them. Let us know if you and/or your group plan on coming out.

atom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Hey Welcome to the site.....might get to meet some of us at the Edmonton race of Parts Canada....
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx all for the welcome...


atomlowe said:
:flip WELCOME:flip ...to the board RcKeTGrL.

The sites only been up for a few weeks and we're getting close to 100 members. We've had some group rides already and are gearing up for the season. I've heard of groundpilots through SBN and its pretty cool. There was a group that was thinking of coming out this way in the summer from Calgary, are you with them. Let us know if you and/or your group plan on coming out.

atom
Thanx all for the welcome... I gotta agree your member size grew very quickly. That's great though, it's a perfect way to meet others with the same passion. We've had some group gatherings and I've met some good people that I look forward to riding with... (snow melt, snow melt!)

Yeppers, I'm part of the group that plans to come out to Vancouver and maybe the Island this summer, just not to sure when. So far we have a few that plan to attend Sportbike West August 16th so I'm not sure if we'd just continue on from then or perhaps come out a little earlier in the season. I hear you have the least percipitation in August... dat true? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
RcKeTGrL said:
I hear you have the least percipitation in August... dat true? :)
Ya, June through September is usually pretty dry.. but we have pretty un-predictable weather being on the coast and all..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
Late July and August are the best months for sure. I may just see you at Sportbikes West this summer. Look for the candy green 9R with the black tank name. It'll probably be next to a silver topped tent. Pics are in the BCBikes section for when the time gets closer.
 

·
resident monkey boy
Joined
·
806 Posts
:flip Welcome :flip
 

·
Just Another Enthusiast
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
BMatthews said:
Late July and August are the best months for sure. I may just see you at Sportbikes West this summer. Look for the candy green 9R with the black tank name.
I am assuming this is a rather large sportbike gathering, so can I also assume there will be NUMEROUS green Kawi's? :)
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and one more welcome just to make you feel at home:2up :2up :1up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
Err.. Blaizin... wrong finger.. that's not the HAPPY finger... that's the I hate your guts finger.. don't use it against people, k? :cool
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:flip welcome :flip I met a ground pilot on the sportbikes.ws site and even signed your guestbook too! I'll definately be coming up to Calgary for the Stampede and look forward to riding with you cowboys and girls!!!
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bluestone said:
:flip welcome :flip I met a ground pilot on the sportbikes.ws site and even signed your guestbook too! I'll definately be coming up to Calgary for the Stampede and look forward to riding with you cowboys and girls!!!
Thanks again to everyone for the nice welcome... even the 'lil red flipped fingers was ok. :)

I remember reading that someone was coming out for the Stampede... and you're bringing your bike! Sweet...! It's a fun week to be in Cowtown. hehe You'll gain some weight from all those free pancake breakfasts! ;-)

Look forward to cruising around and showing off the areas we like to frequent.

Cheerz!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
vrecksler said:


I am assuming this is a rather large sportbike gathering, so can I also assume there will be NUMEROUS green Kawi's? :)
Not like mine there won't be. Mine is all custom.... ( as thumbs hook into pockets and chest puffs out like a new father )

And ya know there just wasn't a lot of Kawi's in sight at SW last summer. Adam, you should go there. It was just a sea of Yami's and Zook's. You could finally get over that feeling of being trapped under the Kawi Hammer............... :laughing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,195 Posts
Hu99 said:


Just look for the silver topped rider!:laughing :laughing :laughing
Keep that up and I'm gonna have to put a disc lock on yer front brakes when yer not lookin'.......

:eek

Besides, I gotta HAVE hair for it to be silver..........
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top