BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
but more seriously, I don't find it difficult to tour for 3 or 4 days with just a top-box and tankbag. but I prefer ( a) a hard case. and ( b) mounting at the rear seat, not way out back on a separate rack. far better balance on the bike...

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
but more seriously, I don't find it difficult to tour for 3 or 4 days with just a top-box and tankbag. but I prefer ( a) a hard case. and ( b) mounting at the rear seat, not way out back on a separate rack. far better balance on the bike...

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr
I disagree whole heartedly. The weight further back makes zero difference in the handling of the bike, and mounting a case on the rear seat just means endless kick-throughs all day long, which gets tiring. Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL

·
lover of twins
6,069 Posts
mounting a case on the rear seat just means endless kick-throughs all day long, which gets tiring. Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL
lol - yeah watching you trying to get on a bike at times has proven to be quite humourous.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I disagree whole heartedly. The weight further back makes zero difference in the handling of the bike
Oh great, something to argue endlessly about over food and drink in Cali some day!

Now, Don is Mr. fit, so he probably high kicks over his top box, not this old fellow.LOL
Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! However, a kick, a little help / support from my hand, and a hop, and I'm good to go. Age and cunning, as always...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
"Actually, while I used to be able to kick a door-frame ( the top, not the side...) back when I was youth, those days are long gone! "

I used to be able to as well. Just stopped after getting tired of landing on my head.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts