BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its my first large size painting, 30x40 inches.

Its rather messy right now, still getting used to the large size and acrylics. I'm going to stylize alot of the detail and lettering for now just to get it done, future ones will get much more refined similar to my other stuff.

We'll see how much more before/if I sleep :laughing

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
82 Posts
Crass Tengu said:
Well its my first large size painting, 30x40 inches.

Its rather messy right now, still getting used to the large size and acrylics. I'm going to stylize alot of the detail and lettering for now just to get it done, future ones will get much more refined similar to my other stuff.

We'll see how much more before/if I sleep :laughing
Wha... All I'm doing is playing GT4 and google-ing my own name with the hours I'm not using for sleep... Stop making us mere mortals look so bad...

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
why is there no random girls on the back of that stuff?

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you're using acrylics try using a masonite board to paint on instead of paper. It's smooth and stiff and won't bend or swell from the paint.

Make sure you prep it well before you start though. It still needs to be gesso'd like a canvas does.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
PilotPete said:
why is there no random girls on the back of that stuff?
Yes, i'm actually going to paint a girl in on the back and cut out a hole for the face so you can alternate ladies in behind it. . . u know like those things at disneyland :rolleyes

Rooster said:
If you're using acrylics try using a masonite board to paint on instead of paper. It's smooth and stiff and won't bend or swell from the paint.

Make sure you prep it well before you start though. It still needs to be gesso'd like a canvas does.
Its actually a hard illustration board. It works well for watercolor as well and never buckles . . . is that the same as masonite? There was no prep on this one. . . .

It looks like paper cause I taped it to the wall to watch movies while I work :coffee

This is where I left off last night, i'm getting progressive photo's so I can have a .gif animation slide show or something cool when its done.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
:eek: Awesome stuff Crass

Crass Tengu said:
i'm getting progressive photo's so I can have a .Giff animation slide show or something cool when its done.
:thumbup that will be sharp!

I don't sleep my time is consumed by our boy, who we (I) are weening!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Board works good too. Thought it was just paper from the photo.

Masonite's a good bit stiffer and more durable than board. I shoot and print fine art reproductions for a living and I see a ton of canvas and masonite, but very rarely illustration board unless we're dealing with airbrushed artwork. You need to prep the masonite but that's just because it's raw board when you get it. I'm not sure if you can buy it pre-prepped or not.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
My recently acquired painting....similar idea on a hard board white washed, then acrylics on top! Love it!! I'm sure this isn't nearly as good as some of the stuff you produce!

Sorry for the crappy phone cam pic...much clearer in person!

Pete

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:cool Excellent work. Acrylic isn't nearly as user-friendly as oils or water-colors and the refined lines you're looking for... the very best can only come from the tedium of acrylics. [IMHO]. Be sure to do a brilliant job on the varnish (or clear coat acrylic ;) ).

:thumbup

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SkipTkt said:
:cool Excellent work. Acrylic isn't nearly as user-friendly as oils or water-colors and the refined lines you're looking for... the very best can only come from the tedium of acrylics. [IMHO]. Be sure to do a brilliant job on the varnish (or clear coat acrylic ;) ).

:thumbup
Clear coat eh?

Oh and you were telling me about that painting Pete, looks great. Some hot lady artisit appeasing you with gifts? :laughing

Here's where im at. . .been wasting too much time riding.:coffee

Can already see where my next painting will be improved over this. . . . .

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
Dude...sprocket Fuck This Paining Sprocket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts