BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Northern B.C riding

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  doser 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. New to this forum... just wondering how many here are from northern B.C... I'm looking forward to the season coming up and down to meet some new people... who are down to enjoy some corners

#2 ·
whereabouts in northern BC, Joe?

#5 ·
"Northern BC" covers a lot of area, especially if you start the mark at 100 Mile House. Hell, Vanderhoof is the geographic center of the province ....... and that's a good 4-5 hrs north of 100 Mile!

Regardless, after spending 21 yrs in Prince Rupert, you have my sympathy in your search for corners.

#6 ·
"Northern BC" covers a lot of area, especially if you start the mark at 100 Mile House. Hell, Vanderhoof is the geographic center of the province ....... and that's a good 4-5 hrs north of 100 Mile!
good point. you may as well be talking Mexico...

furthest i've ventured on either bike is 100 mile house, it looked straight and flat as fvck from there :coffee

alas, has anybody noticed OP has not responded since the final edit on 01-07-19?

#10 ·
It depends on what you're riding.

Kitwanga north up Hwy 37 is a gorgeous ride. But there are some long stretches without gas. And it's not for fast riding, it's for scenic touring.

North of Terrace towards Kincolith is another good section. Twisty, fun, no medical services and going offroad into the lava beds is a death sentence. Also, cops have radios.

The stretch from PG to Rupert is 705 km of scenic beauty. But not a lot of fun on a sport bike.

Looking at the above, it's pretty well adventure bike territory. Long legs, wind protection, heated grips and rain gear ...... that's what you want. But I went thru an RC51, a ZX10R, a Duc 851, Triumph Daytona, RD 400 and a few others before I got one. Then sold it and had a Tuono. The heart wants what the heart wants.

#13 ·
anything much twisty up that way Joe? if that's your thing...
I don't know the country, but just looking at the map it seems like 29 down thru Hudson's Hope to Chetwynd might be OK; and 29 and 52 out in the Tumbler Ridge are look decent too?

#17 ·
We usually ride fsj to Hudson Hope. It's actually really good. And Hudson Hope to Chetwyn is decent too. Not much more than that for good roads.... the loop to Tumbler ridge isn't bad but it's out of the way. I wouldnt mind coming south this year if there are some worth while roads

#14 ·
Joe flesh and blood? We've had a rash of one time posters.

The Pine Pass used to be fun. There was a few good corners south to PG in the old days. Now they've straightened everything out.

I was up to Mackenzie last summer. No enforcement once you're clear of Prince George so that's a bonus. But ....oh ...the road is straight.

If you broke down anywhere around PG last summer you might not have survived the mosquitos. They were brutal and locals were complaining about the worst season ever for mosquitos. Bug dope is a must have item.

#19 ·
The best roads are south of me here in 100 Mile House. I regularly run down to Kamloops and do the run down to Merritt on 5A and then back up 97C through Logan Lake and down to Ashcroft. There are lots of different loops you can do once you get to Kamloops.

#21 ·
the best riding is BC in the Kootenays and Okanagan, but it's over a 1000 kms to Kamloops or Golden from Ft St John, and the 'good stuff' starts beyond those towns, so not a weekend trip...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.