Make: Suzuki
Model: GSX-R1000
Color: Black/Red
Vin: to follow
Engine#: to follow
Mods: stock
Mileage: 1150km
Notables: Between the hours of 4pm - 4:30pm

Anyone being approached with the sale of this bike or parts are urged to contact your local Police Dept.

Thanks,

atom

·
Sho'Nuff!
132 Posts
damn thieves!

who's bike is this anyways?? :confused

·
Registered
115 Posts
atomlowe said:
Notice of a Stolen Bike:

April 21, 2002

Year: 2002
Make: Suzuki
Model: GSX-R1000
Color: Black/Red
Vin: to follow
Engine#: to follow
Mods: stock
Mileage: 1150km
Notables: Between the hours of 4pm - 4:30pm

Anyone being approached with the sale of this bike or parts are urged to contact your local Police Dept.

Thanks,

atom
Was that the same bike that was just purchased at motorcycle world when we were there?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
bastards, if I ever see somebody stealing a bike in action, i'll personally walk up and start beatin on there ass :)

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Notice of a Stolen Bike

feenix_guy said:

Was that the same bike that was just purchased at motorcycle world when we were there?
yup it was....Matthew had it for 2 weeks:( .

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
I feel sorry for the owner. I was in the same position last fall. I trust he was insured.

I would be interested to hear more details. Was the bike locked or secured? In a well lit area? Stolen at night? Maybe we can learn something from this.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
was it insured ? man I would come out in full gear, kevlar gloves and all and then beat the shit out of them.....

C

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Notice of a Stolen Bike

atomlowe said:

yup it was....Matthew had it for 2 weeks:( .
focking bastard! whoever stole that will pay big time. i feel bad for the owner... he looked like a good guy too. im sure it was fully insured. give us more info. ill spread the word as much as i can... so ppl can look out if someone's trying to sell the bike for parts. :firemad

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What a $hitty way to start the riding season, new bike, then have it nicked. Bad news is that it is probably already parted out, so watch the Buy and Sell for Gixxer parts. Plus ICBC will make you wait 30 days before they settle.

To bad. I hope he had full insurance.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
gordopolis said:
I feel sorry for the owner. I was in the same position last fall. I trust he was insured.

I would be interested to hear more details. Was the bike locked or secured? In a well lit area? Stolen at night? Maybe we can learn something from this.

Yeah, please provide information about what extra was done to secure the bike against theft (disc lock, etc.). I am *pArAnOiD* about my bike being stolen, I have it chained to a pole in my underground (biggest ass chain Digi and I could buy) and fully covered. When I park at work, I use my disc lock. I wonder if this is enough?

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
low life scums like this just piss me off... whoever did this needs a serious beatdown:mad

X

·
0 Posts
R1 GIRL said:

Yeah, please provide information about what extra was done to secure the bike against theft (disc lock, etc.). I am *pArAnOiD* about my bike being stolen, I have it chained to a pole in my underground (biggest ass chain Digi and I could buy) and fully covered. When I park at work, I use my disc lock. I wonder if this is enough?

Only problem is:

1 Truck
4 People
10 minutes
0 Bike

Doesn't matter if you have a disc lock ...

We can never prevent someone from having the "ideas" to steal. I honestly cannot and will never be able to comprehend the thoughts that go through thieves heads. But at least we can try to deter them from stealing OUR possesions and maybe move onto the next person. Alarm, disc locks, chains, etc are all a deterrent.. if someone wants it bad enough.. they will do anything.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry everyone,

This bike was stolen out of his driveway during a 1/2 hour window of opportunity (sp?). Mathew had left for school and his neighbor arrived home a 1/2 hour later to see no bike. The bike wasn't fastened to anything and I don't know if a disc lock was used but he had found a small piece of metal on the ground from what he thinks may have been part of his steering lock. Needless to say, he's pretty disappointed and would love to tee off the thiefs head with a 1 wood. Anyways, he'll be out of a bike for at least a month barring finding it:( .

:mad DEATH TO ALL BIKE THIEVES!!!!! :mad

atom

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
If he's full insured, then don't worry about a thing. After 30 days, he'll get a brand new bike. If he's not full insured... oh boy..... Anyways, sucks to hear that.:( But don't worry, the season is just starting he'll have plenty of time to ride once he gets a new bike:)

Good Luck to him!

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Whoa dude..

Think about it, for a rider, not having a bike for 30 whole days when the weather is like it is currently, talk about killing someone softly and slowly... :(

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Not sure if this applies to bikes, but when my car got stolen I had an allowance to rent a car. It was covered somewhere in my insurance.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
GTI said:
Not sure if this applies to bikes, but when my car got stolen I had an allowance to rent a car. It was covered somewhere in my insurance.
Yup! I was offered the same thing when my bike was stolen. Instead, I got them to pay for a bus pass. Enough cars with only one passenger on the roads already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts