1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Isn't that hard on the car.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
the tail end smashing down and scraping is definitely hard on the car.

wrinkle-wall drag tires are designed to do that.

F

·
0 Posts
slam said:
the tail end smashing down and scraping is definitely hard on the car.

wrinkle-wall drag tires are designed to do that.

wrinkle wall??? never heard of that ,,i know underinflated tires wrinkle under load ,,but never knew they built em to wrinkle ???? whats the part # ?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
psyclone said:
Isn't that hard on the car.
The slamming down part? Yea I'd say so.. fuck would sound nasty inside the car too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
borderline said:
wrinkle wall??? never heard of that ,,i know underinflated tires wrinkle under load ,,but never knew they built em to wrinkle ???? whats the part # ?
Yep, designed to wrinkle, and often called wrinkle wall tires. They're also run at very low pressure - 8 - 14 psi. Tires without radial walls (bias ply) spread out over the road when you underinflate them. Back in the '60's, muscle car owners would take advantage of this, and drop the pressure in the rear to improve straight line traction. Radial tires actually have a smaller contact patch when you under or overinflate them, reducing traction. Over inflated, they become rounded like a motorcycle tire. Underinflated, they become cupped.

F

·
0 Posts
learned something new.i never heard of wrinkle wall before .
i knew they wrinkled ,,never knew they were actually called wrinkle wall .

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm surprised that it does have a drag bar. meh...

F

·
0 Posts
they had drag car wheelie competions on speed a while back .It was hilarious ,they were beating the shit out of serious drag cars with a ton of money in em .ONe car went halfway down the track on the back wheels ,and one rode the back bumper OFF THE WHEELS for 20 feet ,pretty funny .....and these werent wheelie cars for exibition,,these were just plain 1/4 mile cars the geared really high .

damn wnen they came crashing down you could hear the money being thrown out the side windows.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never said anywhere that drag cars don't need to warm up their tires before a run. Maybe you should read it more carefully.

hmm anonymity on the net is great isn't it.

F

·
0 Posts
Darkcbr said:
I never said anywhere that drag cars don't need to warm up their tires before a run. Maybe you should read it more carefully.

hmm anonymity on the net is great isn't it.
little bit of advice ,ss is not anonymous and not really the guy you want a pissing contest on the net with

1 - 20 of 23 Posts