BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That’s it. With apologies to Monty Pythons, I announce the formal death of BCSB.

'It’s not pinin'! It’s passed on! This forum is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet it’s maker! It’s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! It’s metabolic processes are now 'history! It’s off the twig! It’s kicked the bucket, it’s shuffled off it’s mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FORUM!!

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
all dressed up in new clothing, just for the funeral?

Reactions: kerunt and thekaz

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,812 Posts
--^--^--^--^--^--------^----------^----------------------^.....................................................

·
Melodious
496 Posts
Pffft ... get the Premium Membership - you won't be disappointed ! :cool:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yep, pretty quiet here. Many other forums are busy. No one likes sportbikes anymore I guess.

The old crowd ....well ....they got old.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
jezus, kerunt, you haven't posted for years... ( I think...) now you show up for the wake? welcome back...:)

Reactions: bacchus40

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,276 Posts
jezus, kerunt, you haven't posted for years... ( I think...) now you show up for the wake? welcome back...:)
Hey Don ?!

It has been around 5 years since the last time I was on here. Gave up riding around that same time. I recall a few (much better than I) riders having accidents that summer, and a buddy at work was killed by a left-turner... it all got under my skin and I called it quits. Lately I've been spending a lot of time browsing old bike photos and reminiscing about the good times. I'm also ~10 weeks since a ski accident in which I broke both my legs (bi-lateral tibia plateau fraction + torn meniscus in left leg, and broken fibia in right leg), and am seriously re-evaluating risk vs. reward for various hobbies. On that same note I've realized that when it comes to hours spent doing an activity vs injuries sustained, I've got a much, much, much better record with riding than with skiing. I'm also seriously missing the last bike I had ('09 K1300S).

I moved to the interior (Vernon) ~1.5 years ago, and there are millions of dirt trails nearby. Sorta/kinda thinking about getting a light dual sport to go play in the bush. Maybe in a year or two.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,210 Posts
Well shit...

·
Registered Abuser
1,370 Posts
helloooo.........

Is there anybody in here?

I popped in to see if the "Opening of Cascades" threat had begun (yes, yes, I know it will be a while yet.....) and discovered we bought gramps a new suit to wear in the coffin.

I'm still riding and still not using 604motorcycles on FB to fill the void that once was BCSB.

·
2,210 Posts
Where did the most recent post button go? Where are my subscribed threads?

SubaruOutback.org went with this new software a little over a year ago and it sucked, it still sucks.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crash Tested .... The voice balloon up top saying”new”.

Kerunt ...... I picked up a WR250R this off-season. I moved to the Kootenays where there are also a million dirt trails. Despite any KTM being more powerful, better suspended and overall higher quality, the “Built To Race” causes me two great issues. One, if “Built To Race”, then I will attempt to do just that and hurt myself greatly. The other is the power that comes with “Built To Race ........ see previous sentence concerning hurting ...... no thanks.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,276 Posts

Kerunt ...... I picked up a WR250R this off-season. I moved to the Kootenays where there are also a million dirt trails. Despite any KTM being more powerful, better suspended and overall higher quality, the “Built To Race” causes me two great issues. One, if “Built To Race”, then I will attempt to do just that and hurt myself greatly. The other is the power that comes with “Built To Race ........ see previous sentence concerning hurting ...... no thanks.
Yes, controlling "braaaap, braaap" temptations is a tough thing to do! As much as I want to get back on two wheels again, I think a snowmobile may be more likely. There's plenty to do around here in the summer, but now that skiing is off my list, I need a new winter hobby.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
hmmm.. should i? what say yee!? :D

and am seriously re-evaluating risk vs. reward for various hobbies. On that same note I've realized that when it comes to hours spent doing an activity vs injuries sustained, I've got a much, much, much better record with riding than with skiing.
ohh lord, you've been busy have you!/? i've wanted to get back on the hill but i'm afraid
the pendulum could swing the wrong way at any point and then i'd be fvcked.

happy with the slower / heavier chopper ride myself. no daredevil moves for moi.

i've yet to buy an ugly motorcycle though, so i've got that going ;)

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
That’s it. With apologies to Monty Pythons, I announce the formal death of BCSB.

'It’s not pinin'! It’s passed on! This forum is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet it’s maker! It’s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! It’s metabolic processes are now 'history! It’s off the twig! It’s kicked the bucket, it’s shuffled off it’s mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FORUM!!

i was surprised to even see this place still existed ! Wow or holy shit! Stumbled upon it in a google search. Now i feel old ?

·
2,210 Posts
Thanks Tips.

That shows me all the threads with new post but where is the link that takes you to the last new post since you visited the site or even the last new post in an updated thread?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts