BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
You just have to click on the thread. It automatically goes to the first unread post. Atleast it has been for me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
That shows me all the threads with new post but where is the link that takes you to the last new post since you visited the site or even the last new post in an updated thread?
You'll notice that the top half is since your last visit, and the bottom half is updated posts. There is also a check box on the top one, so that you can filter that to include only your followed threads, or lots of other options....

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,201 Posts
You just have to click on the thread. It automatically goes to the first unread post. Atleast it has been for me.
Holy Christ! I've been struggling with this new format on a few other forums for over a year and all I had to do was ask one stupid question here to get it figured out!

BCSB you're still worth something! ?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
BCSB you're still worth something! ?
for what its worth, my browser does not automatically scroll down to the most recent post
when I just click on the thread title.. I found this to be the same on R1-forum which uses
a similar format. It drives me crazy to have to scroll down every time.

·
I'm new
2,075 Posts
Yes this place is dead. When i got my new bike this is the first plavce i turned to last year. I noticed it dead then. I had to ask a rider on the road one day how people meet up for rides nowadays. Facebook was the answer..i guess I'm really old to not have known that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
This place is just seasonal. It has been so dead though that I had to turn to Facebook to have a look around. Meh, I keep coming back to check bcsb myself. Like the format, hopefully it picks up some this spring. I've got some quality advice in my short time here on a number of topics.......I haven't always taken that advice. But still appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah this place is a ghost town. It was a much better site when a good ol flame war would happen, complete disregard for PC bullshit and some good old fashioned internet bullying went on. You can only read so many posts on body positioning, new riders asking the same old fucking questions and posts about which roads to ride, what bike to buy or which gear to wear.

When I used to post it was about the read and most of the time had no real intention other than to entertain the people who enjoyed my content...which I will admit became less over time.

Then shit got personal some how, I think it had to do more with some interactions with the riding community that weren't so positive, coupled with flat out immaturity on my part. Either way, my posts got crazier and more directed towards expressing some sort of belief system that stemmed from dark places.

Sad to see the state of this forum. But given than I basically single handedly shut down another due to my antics, I can see how the decline can be swift with lack of interesting content that actually has some humours substance.

This will be my final post in any forum like this, and some apologies are in order directly to Sikorski and the Moderators on this site. You know what for and why. I realize Im a bit of a nutter and trust me it all came to a head a few years ago.

I sincerely hope everyone keeps enjoying this hobby and this special love we all have for completely different reasons. My plan is to get myself back on the track. I shit the bed many years ago when I feel I have a talent to have fun and be competitive there. In the meantime im going to slowly dangle my way around on my new/old sportbike and see if I haven't put the fear of god into myself after crashing my fucking brains out twice 2 months apart back in 2012.

Shiny side up asshats!

-Wheelieit

PS, Lionel you were spot on. Good memory my friend.

·
5,465 Posts
Hey Don ?!

It has been around 5 years since the last time I was on here. Gave up riding around that same time. I recall a few (much better than I) riders having accidents that summer, and a buddy at work was killed by a left-turner... it all got under my skin and I called it quits. Lately I've been spending a lot of time browsing old bike photos and reminiscing about the good times. I'm also ~10 weeks since a ski accident in which I broke both my legs (bi-lateral tibia plateau fraction + torn meniscus in left leg, and broken fibia in right leg), and am seriously re-evaluating risk vs. reward for various hobbies. On that same note I've realized that when it comes to hours spent doing an activity vs injuries sustained, I've got a much, much, much better record with riding than with skiing. I'm also seriously missing the last bike I had ('09 K1300S).

I moved to the interior (Vernon) ~1.5 years ago, and there are millions of dirt trails nearby. Sorta/kinda thinking about getting a light dual sport to go play in the bush. Maybe in a year or two.
Jesus!

Hope you make a full recovery.

There are definitely moments when you need to evaluate what's most important to you.

DS is a great way to get out there, though not always the safest either depending on what other folks are around. I've had a few close calls. :)

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
Jesus!

Hope you make a full recovery.

There are definitely moments when you need to evaluate what's most important to you.

DS is a great way to get out there, though not always the safest either depending on what other folks are around. I've had a few close calls. :)
Thanks!

I did have a KLR six-fiddy way back when, and while I hated the bike, riding "off-road" was a lot of fun. Also went out with Bill @ 5th Gear on one of this Husqvarnas one day, that was a hoot. Hmm... Lots of wants - I mean, needs - not so much time!

·
lover of twins
6,068 Posts
Hey Don ?!

It has been around 5 years since the last time I was on here. Gave up riding around that same time. I recall a few (much better than I) riders having accidents that summer, and a buddy at work was killed by a left-turner... it all got under my skin and I called it quits.
We all thought you left because of the great left turning bicycle debacle. :p

Sorry to hear about the leg tho - you should definitely look into some sort of dirt or adventure bike living up in Vernon. Say, what ever happened to that bike you were building up in your living room?

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
We all thought you left because of the great left turning bicycle debacle. :p

Sorry to hear about the leg tho - you should definitely look into some sort of dirt or adventure bike living up in Vernon. Say, what ever happened to that bike you were building up in your living room?
Fear not, I still hate 99% of cyclists!

I had that '78 CB400T about 99% finished, lost interest and sold it. This was well before I gave up riding, though. The '09 K1300s was the last/only horse in the stable.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts