BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm SO confused as to what to do and need a big kick in the pants to get going here.

I've narrowed down my choices, but don't know whether or not I'm going to buy a just a nice jacket for now, and worry about a suit in the future, or buy a 2-piece suit and use the jacket double duty.

I've basically narrowed it down to these jackets in the event I buy a jacket:

Alpinestars P-1
http://www.alpinestars.com/2002/closeups/p1jacket.htm

Alpinestars DYNO
http://www.alpinestars.com/2002/closeups/dynojacket.htm

OR if I buy a suit:

Alpinestars P-1 Suit 2pc
http://www.alpinestars.com/2002/closeups/p12pcsuit.htm

Spyke T-Shield (the most expensive, but the nicest IMHO and it's got a speed hump. :D)
http://www.spyke.it/inglese/tshie_c.htm

The last one there comes in both 1pc and 2pc. But I think I would be hesitant to wear the jacket by itself because of the speed hump, I think that would look a little funny.

Any thoughts guys?

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
You already have a Jacket now don't you?

Use that jacket for jacket only duty.. but the 2 pc (or 1 pc) Spyke suit for faster days.

Want a kick in the pants? GET YOUR BIKE INSURED ALREADY! :flip

Jim. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
hmmm.... I was in the same situation as you back in january, I had some funds and was debating on a full suit, 2 piece suit or just a jacket. I decided on the jacket cause I'm probably not gonna hit the track until next year, and I do lots of communting so the jacket just makes much more sense than the suit.

now all I need is to find a decent pair of paints to do some dragging this summer :)

btw, I like the P-1 over the Dyno :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Jim said:
You already have a Jacket now don't you?
I do, I have a Dainese UNIVERS jacket. But I find the jacket to be a more utilitarian jacket, and while it's great when it's cold, it sucks when it's hot, not to mention it's not as form fitting (read: flaps in the wind) as a leather jacket would be.

And as for the kick in the pants.. I will, just gotta wait for my special Atom bracket to come. :p

I will also probably be ordering my exhaust tommorow, I am just waiting to see some pics to see what it looks like on my bike..

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Either one of the P-1's IMO.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Since you've already got the cold weather part covered I say go for a two piece suit with a perforated upper. That way you can wear the pants with the Dainese for cold weather and the matching perf leather jacket for the warm summer days. And if you do actually ever by some totaly outside remote chance venture out for a track day :D then just zip the 2 pieces together. Now THAT's flexibility. Just color match the suit to the Dainese and you've got yerself a SYSTEM.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I say go for the suit now. Come on, you know you want to, i know you want to, you just needed someone to convince you that you want it :D

·
K1200S
255 Posts
absolutdm said:
Ok, I'm SO confused as to what to do and need a big kick in the pants to get going here.

I've narrowed down my choices, but don't know whether or not I'm going to buy a just a nice jacket for now, and worry about a suit in the future, or buy a 2-piece suit and use the jacket double duty.

I've basically narrowed it down to these jackets in the event I buy a jacket:

Buy a suit. It doesn't matter what type because any suit is better than a leather jacket/jeans combination. I've spilled twice and both times my leather pants suffered more damage than my jacket (wore a hole through the ass area actually). As for myself, I wear Vanson pants and jacket which I purchaseed from B.K.

Almost40

·
Registered
725 Posts
personally i would go with the two piece, the alpinestar P1 you picked is a good looking suit

the two pieces are fine for track use, and will give you the option of having a nice jacket for daily riding also, also you will feel much better (safer) wearing this on long rides like to squamish

and i would also agree with you that the speed hump would look funny just wearing the jacket on its own

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
a 2piece suit WITH a speed hump..... ARUGH !!!
i wish i had known this earlier.....

definitly get a set of leathers man:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey absolutdm,

first, i'd say go with the alpinestars P1 suit myself if i were in your position. great looking set of leathers.

second, u got me interested in the P1 and Dyno Jacket :D.... btw where are u planning to get yours from? n approximately how much is each jacket going for? i've actually already got a set of Teknic 2-piece leathers... a steal of a deal from some fella on RevScene.net (literally new)...but i'm thinking of selling them n buying and all purpose jacket. looking at the dyno now.
great looking jacket :eek

G

·
I think it would be much more practical to buy the two piece because of its multipurposeness (i know, not a word!). I love the hump though! Although i agree that it would look kind of funny without the pants, maybe you'll start a new trend? We all secretly want to wear a cool looking racing jacket with a hump everywhere we go, but none have the hump or the guts to wear it on its own. Maybe if we do a group purchase of suits with humps (so I can afford one too), I'll go out only with the hump too, so you wouldn't be alone! Deal? Btw, anyone know of a cheap suit that comes with a hump?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mospeed21 said:
second, u got me interested in the P1 and Dyno Jacket :D.... btw where are u planning to get yours from? n approximately how much is each jacket going for? i've actually already got a set of Teknic 2-piece leathers... a steal of a deal from some fella on RevScene.net (literally new)...but i'm thinking of selling them n buying and all purpose jacket. looking at the dyno now.
great looking jacket :eek
I was planning on getting them www.kneedraggers.com, but be warned, they don't plan on getting any stock until about mid-April (mind you weather doesn't start getting good till then anyways).

Talk to Ron or Sam they should be able to help you out. There prices are resonable, you just need to figure out what size you are. The DYNO looks like a sweet around town jacket that you could actually wear to the movies or something..

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
absolutdm said:

I was planning on getting them www.kneedraggers.com, but be warned, they don't plan on getting any stock until about mid-April (mind you weather doesn't start getting good till then anyways).
Have you been living in a cave or something? Sooooooooooo much sunshine outside :) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <drool> :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts