BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You didn't happen to take a trip down to Oregon on your ZX-9 last year did you? Your name sounded familiar, I think I know you:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
That's me. I went with a couple of other guys. We trailered the bike down because we started the week off with a model airplane contest first and then went riding. The route crossed over from the I5 of the interior to the coast and back over again. Those cross mountain roads were GREAT. I felt like a windshield wiper from flipping side to side so often.

But watch out for those sneaky little sand and gravel patches sitting in the middle of intersections............ They move ya know :rolleyes

Where'd ya hear about this? Or are you THAT Bill??????? :eek

I still got the bandaid :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!!

Yup, it's THAT Bill!!:eek I traded in the land barge for the KLR:D
Have to apologize for being irritable that week. Had some pressing things waiting to happen but it all turned out for the good:D

Those roads were fantastic!!! Plan to use the Guzzi as a tourer this year. Comfy and as reliable as .....well......a tractor:eek: Might go to Sonoma for the AMA races in June(?) Will do the camping thing to save $$$$. If you're free then, you're more than welcome to go. Lots of twisty roads there.

Peter and Karen Elliot told me about this site.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Well, how 'bout that. Actually I just assumed it was you being your normal lovable self :flip No problem. I figured something was up. Why else would anyone cut short a trip like that.

My wife and I have a 2 week Edmonton tour planned for the bikes. Down through Winthrop and east up through Waterton park to Edmonton. Visit her family for a few days. Then back west through the mountains and down into Penticton to visit my folks for a couple of days and then home. So that will pretty much chew up my holiday time.

Greg is thinking about coming along as far as Waterton and then come home via #3. I think he was going to try and drag Paul along as well.

And if anyone else out there wants to try a little sport touring for a one week trip like this yer welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts