BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying my first bike, had decided on a ninja 500 but realized im probably going to drop it a few times and it has full fairings

was wondeirng which naked bikes you guys are fans of for a good combo of performance/ride as well as style

i know their is a beginner bike thread but seems to be more than a few styles of bikes posted in their and was looking for specific type

·
Registered
320 Posts
talk to Bill at fifth gear or turbosonoma and get a bike that has already been crashed that way you won't cry too much when you crash it. . . drop it I mean. Get a good set of frame sliders or get a cage built.
Better yet why not get into a motard?
They crash very well, can be dpped with little to no damage.
handle just a well as a sport bike. They can be just as fast(ish)
you can jump it and get a set of off road tires and really have fun with it.

I wish I would have known about motards before I bought my bike. I definitaly would have bought a motard.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
amish_rabbi said:
that did come to mind right after i posted actualy
but then if i drop it nothing is around the engine
True. But as a noob you'll probably drop it at slow speeds, just scraping crankshaft cover etc. A little work with a file to remove sharp bits, a shot of barbecue paint if your engine parts are black, and it's ok. Provided you didn't do some real damage (which your fairings probably wouldn't have protected your engine from anyway) it's a lot harder to fix or paint fairings. And if the engine under the fairings is a bit scraped up, the fairings cover it when you put them back on.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Stripping a sportbike fairing off does not make it a streetfighter. That's like putting your Mom in a thong and calling her a supermodel.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
5thgear said:
Stripping a sportbike fairing off does not make it a streetfighter. That's like putting your Mom in a thong and calling her a supermodel.
shhhhhhh!!! damnit, your going to crush my moms spirit!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
5thgear said:
TRUE......but if ya throw some fuckin nutbar behind the bar's....now ya got's a "Streetfighter"

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
How old did you want to go and how much are you prepared to pay?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5thgear said:
i know that, just seemed to be what the style looked like
not sure if i did call it a streetfighter but if i did oops, not what i ment

·
0 Posts
You can get the Suzuki 500cc bikes which are very similar to the 500R Ninja without fairings. Ok looking bike for a new rider. That is of course you permenantly want no fairings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts