BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VIDEO Also Available at Irnieracing.com / Irnie.com / Goproracer.com / vimeo.com/irnie/trailblazers

Oregon Motorcycle Roadracing Association.
Portland International Raceway
Jun 25-26, 2011

Marcel Irnie's weekend documentary featuring GoPro HD's on-board video, and the pit atmosphere in the City Park.
irnieracing.com

No time for Press Release (just pictures), as I'm going racing right now!...thx too buyredline.com

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
Can someone please explain the latest trend in body positioning that has many riders dangling their inside leg when on the braking approach to a corner? What is it supposed to do/achieve?
I can hazard a guess that in pure Physics terms it "softens" the payload transmitted to the bike, but is there more to it than that. Is Rossi having a laugh at everyone's expense, to see how many follow his lead?

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
A little late to the party, Mechanic! Smeg head! (lol- just kidding). BCSB's best debate about it HERE

And damn, Marcel - fantastic stuff!

Can someone please explain the latest trend in body positioning that has many riders dangling their inside leg when on the braking approach to a corner? What is it supposed to do/achieve?
I can hazard a guess that in pure Physics terms it "softens" the payload transmitted to the bike, but is there more to it than that. Is Rossi having a laugh at everyone's expense, to see how many follow his lead?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts