BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Did you go the AUDI museum too or just the porsche one?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Really nice pictures!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Love the picture of the blue lambo(?) over taking you.....man you must of seen a lot of sweet cars.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Time for me to plan a trip to Germany!! And the funiest thing is i know more than 2 dozen friends in Germany, just to busy to plan a trip and the dough factor. Sweet shot on the Rothmans Porsche

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
mli35 said:
Love the picture of the blue lambo(?) over taking you.....man you must of seen a lot of sweet cars.
Actually, I was trying to pass him.... :laughing I was amazed how anyone and how easy it was to take laps. 16 Euros for one lap. Bike or cars... one guy had an old old Kawasaki...

made Man said:
Did you go the AUDI museum too or just the porsche one?

Just the Porsche... not a big Audi fan. There was also the Mercedes museum up the road, but no time.

·
BC Riders.net
1,061 Posts
If you want to go (ride/drive) fast in Germany you don't really have to go to the Nurnburgring. With no speed limit on the Autobahn you can go as fast as you like. When I was still living in Holland we used to go to Germany now and then. The first time my wife and I went for a short trip (three days) on my bike there, we stopped at a gas station (or rest area) and my wife asked me: "Why aren't you going faster, now you're allowed." My reply was: "I was allready going over 200 km/h......" She never noticed how fast we were going, that's how nice the Autobahn is.
This was in the 80's, I had a Kawi GPZr 900 in those days. Great bike. I don't know if the Autobahn is busier nowadays.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Fury said:
YUP!

Neufschwanstien:

Pretty nice digs for Ludwig II, who became a king at age 18. Of course he turned into a recluse, married his cousin, went mad and was murdered, but who said life was easy.

Did you visit Schloss Hohenschwangau, the smaller yellow castle nearby?

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bobkn said:
If you want to go (ride/drive) fast in Germany you don't really have to go to the Nurnburgring. With no speed limit on the Autobahn you can go as fast as you like.
Our 1.6L Opel Meriva was good for 200KPH, we topped 180 on the Autobahn, but the car started to feel funny. Not the best car for straight line speed. I wanted to do the Nurburgring to see how close it was to Forza Motorsport. In comparison, the track seemed shorter and tighter in real life but accurate nonetheless.

greenboy said:
Did you visit Schloss Hohenschwangau, the smaller yellow castle nearby?
Saw it, but didn't go up. The were doing a lot of reconstruction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts