BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my rear track stand tomorrow, and it just occured to me that it would be really awkward to put the bike on the stand solo.
How do you guys do it? or do you need someone holding the bike upright first?:confused

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Bluestone said:
I'm getting my rear track stand tomorrow, and it just occured to me that it would be really awkward to put the bike on the stand solo.
How do you guys do it? or do you need someone holding the bike upright first?:confused
hahaha :) I have the same problem, I need to get another set of hands to hold the bike.

Though I have managed to take my bike off the stand before by just myself, but becareful when doing these things, I dont want to hear any horror stories of people knocking their bikes over. Especially brand new bikes :eek

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
your safer with someone helping you out

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
What is the difference between a rear race stand and a normal rear stand, like the one I have from Handy? With the Handy, one person loading is a breeze, why not use one of those instead of a race one?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Well if I want to place the bike on my bike stand all I do is get the bike in position then hook up the left spool (the one on the same side as the side stand) then I start lowering the bike stand and straighten up the bike, hook up the 2nd spool and then just lower the bike stand....it's helps wiht Kawasaki's as they have the rear passenger hand rails....gettting the bike of the bike stand is even easier....just lower it, hold on to the passenger rail, get the stand out of the way and then lean the bike on the side stand.....

Just placed my battery back on sharging, took the air box out, will take it to BK for getting it cleaned, will change spark plugs and oil before the riding season....:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I still gotta pic myself up one of those rear stands. Where did you guys get yours ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I got mine from BK for $135 they were available at the bike show for $125 (mine and the bike show one's were Anaconda brand name). I know Imperial has a few "Hindle" ones for $115...remember it's not just the stand be ready to pump out $25 for the spools.....makes the chain lubing and cleaning job a lot easier....not to mention just working on the bike, not that it's upright instead of leaned over.....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got my anaconda (rear with adjustable paddles) for 140 from BK
I say Trev at the show and he matched their price.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Anyone have a Pitbull stand? They seem popular in the states..

I need to buy one as well.. someone post a pic of an Anaconda?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I bought a Handy stand for $60 US, and it works well. Pads instead of spools too, so no hiddin costs.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The Anaconda is made in Burnaby, so why not stop in at the plant and pick one up for the dealer cost? I would take Anaconda over Pitbull or Hindle because from what I've seen, they are the easiest to operate solo. Farhad's right about the grab handles though, it makes things a lot easier. I had a hell of a time getting the ZX12 up on the stand.

BTW, anybody need spools, I got a spare pair you can have. First e-mail gets it. [email protected]

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Bluestone said:
I thought the anaconda was made in Pitt Meadows?
You may be right. I'm going by memory and I thought I'd seen BBY on the tags. I could have been wrong because I was so excited to get the stands home and get my baby up.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Do they sell front stands as well? I was thinking of getting a front stand, not sure if I should get the fork stand or the other kind, or even if I really need it. I got the rear mainly for easier maintenance, a front would only be used for storage and tire changes. What do you guys have?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've got the Anaconda front and rear. There really isn't much call for the front stand, but it makes cleaning the front wheel a whole lot easier, and also you don't have to keep moving the bike when it's being stored.
I've got the fork stand, I can't really see the purpose for the headstock stand unless you're the type who fiddles with the forks a lot.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
absolutdm said:
someone post a pic of an Anaconda?
here it is buddy

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
here is the front stand

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i don't have a front stand but they're probably close to the same price as the rear stand

1 - 20 of 25 Posts