BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the DRZ400S. I don't want to hear from Husky dealer's about their models. I don't want to hear how the KTM can be made into a D/S. I simply would like to view some opinions on this bike. IE: Who has one, who rode one, etc.... I think my mind is made up but I would still like some input.

Thanks guys.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That sounds pretty much like what I am looking for. I know they are heavy but that doesn't bother me. I have a KX250 for serious trails riding. I would like to get back on the street with something that will work better on logging roads then the KX. And I feel no need for a rocket again so this seems like a logical bike. The price is pretty good too.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I have a 2003 drz400s. No complaints so far. Husquavarna makes a nice bike but you can almost buy 2 drzs for the price of a husky. A drz is like a civic in my opinion. Just change the oil and ride forever without spending a fortune. Cheap to fix, easy to work on.. 16000kms and no problems. Tons of knowledge and resources on them. Been around for 7 years now. Look at thumpertalk.com for everything you need to know about the DRZ.

The bike has super cheap insurance, great on gas, more than enough power to function. There is a huge aftermarket for the bike as well. Liquid cooled, hydro brakes, elec start, not gutless.

The major drawback to the drz is the weight. Depends what your riding style is. Obvisouly there are better bikes out there but it depends on what you want.

The Husky retails at $7999 that's within a few bucks of the DRZ

If your going used give Roger a PM . He's selling his DRZ 400s for a good price and it's in great shape. DRZ's are a good bike they do nothing spectaculer but everything well. When they first came out they got bike of the year awards. They are reliable and handle fine for dualsport ripping. But you will be spending about $1000 to $2000 making it go faster. Almost everyone does.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
I just bought an 07 DRZ400S. Great comprimise bike. I came from a DL650 and tried the DR650. Was not impressed. The 650 bikes have changed very little in their technology. Except for the Husky TE610 (aftermarket stuff is still needed), XR650R weak subframe, these are the comparable bikes.

After 2000 the DRZ was up grade with better forks. I've been happy with the DRZ and it fits in well for the varied riding I want to do. With stock gearing its not bad on the Hwy, 120km/h and the motor does not seem to be reving extremely high. Good off road if you can ride a bike, a lttle weighty when it starts to go down. Excellent small dual sport bike, you can load it up and the sub frame will handle it. After market stuff is readily available, although if you go larger then a ie. Clarke tank you will have to modify things. I'd recommend it as a comprimise bike. Does most things well.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Husky retails at $7999 that's within a few bucks of the DRZ

I don't think the Husky is too much money; pretty fair price for what you get actually. I just don't want one. Would probably be more of a kick to ride then a DR but we'll have to let others enjoy it :rockon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts